Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford DING!  (Read 23837 times)

dococ23

• Sr. Citizen
  • Spoon
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford DING!
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »

You're probably right, but the signature looks so awful that I would be surprised that would be her auto pen.  Anyway, it's blue and the rest of the letter is black, and it fooled me, so I'm really happy and feel super special. 

Now, I must go and drink myself into oblivion and come to terms with the fact that my "California Dreamin" was in vain.

Sorry to hear about this, tx.  When was your letter sent?

Thanks, Pancho.  The letter was dated 1/17 and I received it yesterday.

Dinged here too, but not a surprise. Letter dated 1/18, I received it today, im in Boston.

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dawn

I didn't get anything in the mail this weekend...

LonghornDUG

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
Yep, my first rejection of this cycle too.  Oh well -- hopefully there aren't many more on the way!

chombi3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 04:12:49 PM »
just got my stanford rejection too...first of the cycle, alas.  surprisingly, im not upset at all.  i never really expected to get in because of my gpa, and i couldn't really imagine any circumstance where i would end up moving to california for law school.  ah well.
Crazy For You: georgetown, NYU, penn ($$$), UVA, chicago, columbia, harvard!!
Rejection Is The Greatest Aphrodisiac: Stanford
Justify My Love: yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chombi3

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 04:14:40 PM »
just got my stanford rejection too...first of the cycle, alas.  surprisingly, im not upset at all.  i never really expected to get in because of my gpa, and i couldn't really imagine any circumstance where i would end up moving to california for law school.  ah well.

Sorry chombi, and wow you were complete in December?  Thats bad news, since I was complete in late November...warming up my space  :-\
HLS '09

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »
Where's mine!?

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2006, 04:27:09 PM »

Sorry chombi, and wow you were complete in December?  Thats bad news, since I was complete in late November...warming up my space  :-\

Heh.  Since we're both EE/CE with identical GPAs, it'll be really interesting to see whether your LSAT trumps my resume, though I rather suspect it will.  Maybe they'll make us fight a blood match for one of the token nerd seats.

Heh, do you have a lot of WE or something?

I don't consider myself a nerd...js ;)

If I had to guess I say they ding us both  :'( :(
HLS '09

chombi3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »

thanks steve.  i think you're much more likely to be accepted with your stellar gpa in a tough major...maybe it's good news that they're onto december and you haven't gotten anything!
Crazy For You: georgetown, NYU, penn ($$$), UVA, chicago, columbia, harvard!!
Rejection Is The Greatest Aphrodisiac: Stanford
Justify My Love: yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chombi3

orlando jackson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2006, 04:29:40 PM »
rejected by stanford today.  letter dated 1/20.  I'd just like to point out that Stanford lost to UC Davis in both football and basketbal this year.  UC Davis is was DII a year or two ago.  And of course, stanford also lost the big game to Cal this year.  Go Bears.

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »
rejected by stanford today.  letter dated 1/20.  I'd just like to point out that Stanford lost to UC Davis in both football and basketbal this year.  UC Davis is was DII a year or two ago.  And of course, stanford also lost the big game to Cal this year.  Go Bears.

Bitter? ;) j/k....Do you mind sharing your numbers and complete date?

thanks steve.  i think you're much more likely to be accepted with your stellar gpa in a tough major...maybe it's good news that they're onto december and you haven't gotten anything!

thanks for the kind words chombi, but the more I go through this process the more I see/realize that LSAT is king, and unfortunately (for me) GPA is just kinda there... :-\
HLS '09