Law School Discussion

Seperation of church and state

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Seperation of church and state
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »

We as a nation need to stop trying to fight what has got us to where we are today. We have tried everything else....Let's go back to what started it all and pick up our values, and teach kids today right from wrong. Teach them that mommy and daddy need each other together to raise a happy home, that killing is killing regardless of where it takes place. Teach them it's ok to connect with someone internally, even though their skin is different than yours.

What happened to our morals, and our values? Someone help, PLEASE!!

part of what got us where we are today had plenty to do with skin color, such as when we slaughtering native americans or enslaving africans?  funny you not say single word about that.  miss it, do you?

and you trying to say that killing in wars--or at least some of them--wrong, or did you forget that in your "pro-life" statement?

your people also not so interested in "happy home" if home formed by two men or two women who love each other, even enough to marry--but, then again, all this morality relative, not it?  (that is, relative to exactly whose morality we talking about.)

our morals and values about as good as they ever were.  those who do really horrible things, like start unjust wars, truly love it when people exhaust all their energy opposing homosexuality and abortion.  then they can manipulate you for own ends and still do whatever they please on other issues.

think about that one.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »
[I am puzzled.

julie not think you mean this.  julie think you really mean that you not puzzled at all, that you see moral inconsistency and even hypocrisy and hoped rest of us would, too.  that why julie take snippy tone with you.

maybe you can see just glimmer of possibility that you really are puzzled.  have all convictions you want, but not trot them out with dopey argument in public forum without expecting response.

you welcome.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »
Jules...you're talking to yourself again. :)  The orderlies want you back by 7:30.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 05:17:26 PM »
then better leave now!

redemption

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »
I am puzzled by the OP. Granted, being a newbie s/he was not to know that Julie would set her straight in a minute, but what in the world do you think s/he means by "us intellects"?

Truly puzzling.

Lionel A. Moore

• Provoke thought...not people & inequalities.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lionelamoore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »
WOW, I am very glad to see that Julie knows her information, although she needs to practice on debating and not arguing.

In response to the comments made; Julie, like everyone else in the world, including myself, tends to view life through their own eyes.

By the way African Americans not "BLACKS," were not enslaved, WE were sold into slavery, not by choice as you said, thus the definition of "enslave." Enslave I though, but according to you I could be wrong, was a matter of choice.

I must give credit where credit is due, Yoda knows her stuff.

To daveman: I really can learn from you guys, seeing as how I am a newbie :D
One must really have thick skin to "roll-wit-the-big-dogs."

I must remember to keep an open mind so I can learn from the "3rd person.

ChlorasepticRelief

• Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 06:07:39 PM »
I am a proponent of disestablishmentarianism... I just wanted to type that out. ;D

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 10:05:32 PM »
Mr. Moore,

You are puzzled by what has gone wrong in our society? I'll tell you, itís the failure of the eternal Church to focus on eternal realities instead of temporal ones. Every single person is immortal & each matters infinitely more than any government or society. I have an extremely difficult time keeping that in focus even knowing the problem.

Though many approach the task differently, the objective does not change. Perhaps changing a law will further the objective. Perhaps fighting a war will further the objective. In the end, whatever happens will present opportunities for furthering the objective. The real question is how many eternal opportunities we recognize and exploit. You might have noticed that this nation excels temporally.

Thanks for bringing my focus, however temporarily, back where it belongs.

redemption

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »
Mr. Moore,

You are puzzled by what has gone wrong in our society? I'll tell you, itís the failure of the eternal Church to focus on eternal realities instead of temporal ones. Every single person is immortal & each matters infinitely more than any government or society. I have an extremely difficult time keeping that in focus even knowing the problem.

Though many approach the task differently, the objective does not change. Perhaps changing a law will further the objective. Perhaps fighting a war will further the objective. In the end, whatever happens will present opportunities for furthering the objective. The real question is how many eternal opportunities we recognize and exploit. You might have noticed that this nation excels temporally.

Thanks for bringing my focus, however temporarily, back where it belongs.

Oh boy! Freak -I can never tell when you're serious and when you are joking. THAT is your great gift as an online persona

Freak

• What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 10:54:09 PM »
Food for thought.  eh?