Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Phone call with Admissions  (Read 1355 times)

Benashja

• AOL Instant Messenger - JustJoshing11
    • View Profile
Phone call with Admissions
« on: January 13, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
So on Jan 11th I called Univ of Denver admissions to ask if my file was indeed complete, since I hadn't heard anything from them in over a month, and the woman who answered the phone looked up my file, told me a decision was made on Jan 9th, and that it was just mailed out.  I said "you're not allowed to tell me what the decision was, right?"  She said she wasn't allowed, and that was that.  I am thinking that my rejection letter is moving across the country in the mail because otherwise she would've heard the fear in my voice and maybe said something like "Well, I can't tell you the decision, but I think you'll be pleased".  Has anybody else had any situations similar to this?  Any other anecdotal information to share about a phone call to admissions that freaked them out this much? 
Touchdown (accepted): Rutgers-Newark, Saint Louis, Michigan State, Albany, Gonzaga ($5500), Tulsa ($10000), Florida Coastal ($12000)
3 and Out (waitlisted): Penn State, Case Western
Fumble (rejected): Denver, Miami, IUPUI

JPhilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • This actually is me.
    • View Profile
Re: Phone call with Admissions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »
So on Jan 11th I called Univ of Denver admissions to ask if my file was indeed complete, since I hadn't heard anything from them in over a month, and the woman who answered the phone looked up my file, told me a decision was made on Jan 9th, and that it was just mailed out.  I said "you're not allowed to tell me what the decision was, right?"  She said she wasn't allowed, and that was that.  I am thinking that my rejection letter is moving across the country in the mail because otherwise she would've heard the fear in my voice and maybe said something like "Well, I can't tell you the decision, but I think you'll be pleased".  Has anybody else had any situations similar to this?  Any other anecdotal information to share about a phone call to admissions that freaked them out this much? 

I wouldn't read too much into it.  You'll find out in a few days anyway.
"Imagine the future; Woke up with a scream
I was buying some feelings from a vending machine"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=JPhilmore

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

That is actually REALLY interesting. I am now very curious to find out your fate...
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

Benashja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:42:50 PM »
Another twist...

I forgot to add that as I was spelling out my name for her, so she can look me up, she said under her breath  "Oh, my goodness"  and her voice didn't sound happy or sad... just shocked.   There was about a 10 second silence after that, until she then told me that a decision had been made.

I am going crazy over here, and planning for the worst
Touchdown (accepted): Rutgers-Newark, Saint Louis, Michigan State, Albany, Gonzaga ($5500), Tulsa ($10000), Florida Coastal ($12000)

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 05:51:55 PM »
I don't know what your incident means. I really wish you good luck. I advise heavy drinking this weekend to take the mind off of law school apps.
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 05:55:08 PM »
Maybe the 'Oh my goodness' meant that she saw they'd made a decision but had forgotten to mail it to you.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

almuhajaba

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 06:34:12 PM »
Another twist...

I forgot to add that as I was spelling out my name for her, so she can look me up, she said under her breath  "Oh, my goodness"  and her voice didn't sound happy or sad... just shocked.   There was about a 10 second silence after that, until she then told me that a decision had been made.

I am going crazy over here, and planning for the worst

MAYBEEE...It was an "oh my goodness, this guy just got a full ride to law school and I should probably apply too..." kind of Oh my Goodness... ;)

best of luck!

matts720

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:41:16 PM »
Heh. I have a similar story today, I called Pitt to get my application status, and the admissions person told me that it's complete and that it's going into review next week. So now I get to spend the next 7 days freaking out over what they're going to decide...
Villanova 1L Class of 2009. Invading the Main Line in August.

Benashja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
almuhajaba,  I'm at the very low end of Denver's LSAT/GPA range

But thanks for the encouraging optimistic words of support  =)

snikrep

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »
"Oh my goodness... not my long lost son that I gave up at birth and was sworn never to reveal my true identity!!"

That's what I think she meant.