Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Same Personal Statements for All Schools  (Read 4527 times)

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Same Personal Statements for All Schools
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2004, 11:09:21 PM »
I thought that LSAC can deliver your PS like they do your resume.  Is this not the case?  I am applying to 18-20 schools.  I can't imagine finetuning my PS that many times.

Can someone please clarify?  Thanks.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 08:41:42 AM »
Better start finetuning.  As I understand it, LSAC doesn't ever touch your PS.  Since that's techincally something that's very school specific, it gets sent with the rest of the application, not in your LSAC package.  When using a program like LSAC on the Web, or whatever it is, you can cut and paste or attach the word file to the electronic application.

LSATGuru

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 10:08:42 AM »
It's pretty important that you have school-specific reasons in your personal statement for wanting to attend--you're doing two things with your PS: 1) Let them know who you are 2) Convince them that you are a good fit for their law school.

I shouldn't have to tell you that no two law schools are alike, and some can be antipodal in their philosophies. Just remember there is more than one way to skin at a cat.
I thought that LSAC can deliver your PS like they do your resume.  Is this not the case?  I am applying to 18-20 schools.  I can't imagine finetuning my PS that many times.

Can someone please clarify?  Thanks.