Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Financial Aid/Law School Admissions Chances  (Read 468 times)

uamike81

• View Profile
    • Email
Financial Aid/Law School Admissions Chances
« on: January 13, 2006, 02:18:56 AM »
Hey everyone, new poster here.

I am curious as to whether or not anyone has any insight on this matter.  I am in the process of applying to law schools, but retaking the February 4th LSAT to try to improve my score.

I was recently told that my law school tuition/books/etc would be completely paid for by family and that I did not need to be concerned with financial aid.  Specifically, is there any way that not needing financial aid from a school increases my chances of acceptance?  There has been some discussion of this and I am rather curious.  It seems that if a school doesn't make a financial investment in you, they may be more likely to admit you, assuming your scores/grades are acceptable.  Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks to anyone who can offer some input, regardless of whether or not it is speculation.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Financial Aid/Law School Admissions Chances
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:21:28 AM »
Speculation: but I am guessing no.  If admissions is need blind (as they say, but who knows) then it wouldn't matter one way or another.  Even if you can't afford it you can only get a certain amount from the governement, so you would pay with private loans.  Basically, unless you get a scholarship of some kind, from th els, they're getting their money no matter what.

Welcome and good luck!
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: Financial Aid/Law School Admissions Chances
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 02:29:31 AM »
Yeah, this won't help you - most applications don't even ask if you are applying for fin aid - and those who do apply, apply well after sending in their application for admissions, sometimes after a decision has been made so a school wouldn't even know if you are applying for aid when reviewing your file...
HLS '09