Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do African Americans want?  (Read 11554 times)

kdlaw

• View Profile
What do African Americans want?
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »
I hear African Americans all of the time saying that white people dont wanna live around them and whites dont want this or that.  I have to say in all honesty that, in many parts of the country, black people are simply a plague to their community.  Look for the poor parts, its mostly black.  Look where the crime is, mostly black.  African Americans make up 13% of the population and what % of crime do you think that they commit?  Im not racist, I am well aware that there are degenerate white people too, I just want to live in an area where there are high class people.  These are just some thoughts.

redemption

Re: What do African Americans want?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
Sorry, no-one wil bite. If you are lonely, may I suggest the xoxo board?

Goodbye

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 04:02:45 PM »
can you afford to live in an area with high class people? I can..and do... thanks and goodbye...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

chidochido

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 04:06:26 PM »
Do you think there is such a thing as what "white people" want? I'm not black, but my guess is that they just want to be treated like you want to be treated: as individuals.

Every community has its problems and while it is helpful to look at the specifics of a group's collective history and current state to make a plan for the future, I don't think clumping the AA community as a bunch of degenerates is going to be constructive to starting the type of discussion you want...that is, unless you're just BSing and trying to get a rise out of people, which you're sure to do with statements like those.
Boalt 1L

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 04:48:46 PM »
...Im not racist,...

The fact that you needed to add a DISCLAIMER says it all  :D
Who's your Daddy now?

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 05:58:32 PM »
I hear African Americans all of the time saying that white people dont wanna live around them and whites dont want this or that.  I have to say in all honesty that, in many parts of the country, black people are simply a plague to their community.  Look for the poor parts, its mostly black.  Look where the crime is, mostly black.  African Americans make up 13% of the population and what % of crime do you think that they commit?  Im not racist, I am well aware that there are degenerate white people too, I just want to live in an area where there are high class people.  These are just some thoughts.

WoW, you make a lot of generalizations. To answer your question blacks want not to be and are tired of being Poor.  The education system sets us up to be poor and robs our children of economic ambition and financial literacy.  Also since we were not afforded the same land ownership possibilities as the early settlers and the fruits of the Homestead Act, wealth does not run in most of our families. The blacks that have money are first generation and worked hard for what they have. All we want is freedom and opportunity as a whole to experience the American Dream of economic prosperity.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 06:15:44 PM »
What he [Young] said.  He's on point.  Answer your question?
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 06:57:07 PM »
Im not racist, I am well aware that there are degenerate white people too, I just want to live in an area where there are high class people. These are just some thoughts.

My family is poor.  My family has been poor for generations.  I cannot afford to live in an area with high class people (I wish I could and many of my friends who are black can).  Does that make me a degenerate? 
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

AH

• LSD Obsessed
  • but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 07:04:14 PM »
Very short answer to a very complex question:

I just wrote a huge paper on that.  LOTS is wrong with the educaton system.  Mostly that low-income kids (usually minorities) have no options for schools because NCLB isn't really working and public education is completely disparte.

No solution is really apparent yet.  It's just clear what we're doing now isn't working and if you don't get a solid start you're pretty much F-ed for life.
Quote from: Stanley James Watson III
I <3 AH.
the official gettin' busy poster of the OPC!
Official Realistic Numbers Holder of the Revolution
Quote from: Groundhog
honorary fellow LSD rodent.
www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=arhodg

John Galt

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 07:10:02 PM »
REPARATIONS! WE WANT OUR REPARATIONS FOR SLAVERY!!!!

Not Really, we'd probably settle for white people to just stop screwing us over.