Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do African Americans want?  (Read 11447 times)

redemption

Re: What do African Americans want?
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2006, 11:27:57 PM »
You can always delete these last posts, and it'll be like it never happened.

TinaTina

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - FlorentinaLSD@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2006, 11:30:40 PM »
It seems that you're taking this a little too personally. It seems that people posted their opinions, read that of others and are for the most part willing to move on.

redemption

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »
read. think. post. That's usually the order in which things are done. You are responding to a random flame by a racist and dumb kid from Mississippi by chasing your tail and contradicting yourself with tweedle dum. Take a breath. Don't be so quick  to thow out random data. Read the posts of people who have put things up before you. Think about what's been posted, respond with commentary and/or questions and/or new ideas.

But not this. This - what you're doing now, is foolishness. unless you're drunk, of course. In which case, it's fine.

TinaTina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2006, 11:40:28 PM »
I responded as I did because the lesser tangent of education did not interest me. And as to what I wrote, it made sense to me. Perhaps I didn't completely flesh it out with bullet points and such but I wasn't thinking a one person tribunal would immediately spring into action once it was posted.

TinaTina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2006, 11:55:25 PM »
Got ya! Next time instead of responding to another user's comment directly who I may add directly responded to mine I'll just direct them to your post.  If you notice I did not respond to your post which I felt was a tacit admission of its strength on my part but then again maybe it would help if you knew that the other user and I read the same article and therefore knew what we were referring to. Of course I suppose I should have called him on the phone and not bother you with our exchange but he hasn't slipped me the digits yet.

redemption

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2006, 11:58:29 PM »
why would you trade crime stats by race? To prove the OP wrong?! i don't get it. Maybe I'm the one who's had too many glasses of wine.

misery

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2006, 02:31:02 AM »
What in the world are you guys trying to argue with the statistics?  If you wanted to suggest that blacks commit disproportionately more crimes, the statistics speak for themselves.  Unfortunately, the statistics do not take into account the wealth or location, two key factors which obviously play a big role in crime.  It would not be hard to imagine that lots of blacks live in poorer/more densely populated areas.  I'd be interested in seeing statistics specific to race AND income, as that would paint a much clearer picture.

chidochido

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2006, 04:10:02 AM »
Ok I see what you mean now...well all you have to do is put some kind of revenue sharing principle in there, or add state funding to level out the disparities...The local funding formula is just another reason why people should want to invest in other people's kids: it raises their property values. Even so, it's not as simple as that when you add magnet programs and private schools into the mix..

You don't have to send your kid to the public school in order to benefit from the public school system's funding structure...

precisely...that's why everyone should fund publics...
Boalt 1L

kdlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »
Sorry, no-one wil bite. If you are lonely, may I suggest the xoxo board?

Goodbye

Good call, redemption, no one responded.  I think that you even had a few extra. lmao.

redemption

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2006, 08:01:28 AM »
Sorry, no-one wil bite. If you are lonely, may I suggest the xoxo board?

Goodbye

Good call, redemption, no one responded.  I think that you even had a few extra. lmao.

I tried.