Author Topic: .  (Read 15622 times)

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard Rejection
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2006, 02:23:18 AM »
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Fenstrex

There's a presumptive admit whose LSAT score (the same as yours) doesn't seem to have "worked against him"

From the looks of things, he hasn't really saved the world or anything either.  Also, he doesn't seem to add anything "quantifiable" in terms of HLS's demographics.  Maybe they just like his application and think that he would be successful at HLS

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2006, 02:41:35 AM »
I agree w/ what Lily, Practiceboy, et al have been saying - so far, it's been a numbers game.  As for myself, my #s are in the middle 50% (low end) but i'm hoping my ECs and LORs (which were written by the same profs who wrote "outstanding fulbright" - according to the scholarships advisor here - recs for me) will pay off

and as for HLS getting no love?  well i'm going to offer it plenty, especially if they let me in  ;)

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 02:43:00 AM »
also want to add...Harvard does accept like 850ish people each year, so there will be some w/ less than 3.8/174 getting in...

Fenstrex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2006, 02:51:07 AM »
Hehehe... kind of neat to see yourself being cited.

Nope I definitely haven't saved the world. I have a couple of soft factors I didn't put up on my LSN profile that could be relevant/advantageous to my application, but nothing that I thought would give me even a reasonable shot at Harvard given my numbers.

I'm still not sure why I got the phone call, but I'll take it. Hopefully more good news from Harvard will be coming soon.

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 06:30:32 PM »
Just to get back to the point of this thread!

-Checked my mail today - no mail from HLS, so it seems that a bunch of us in the 11/29 group are still in committee....(alive till at least Tuesday ;))
HLS '09

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2006, 03:52:16 PM »

My consolation to the hopefuls who didn't make it (I'll be joining one of these threads to commiserate real soon, I promise).  And, Tra, to hell with the Monday morning quarterbacks - come to UT!  I promise I'll never ever mention the Rose Bowl if I see you ;)

Well, it's probably looking that way....but ugh...having to go to the same school as that whiny, pompous Vince Young?  He, more than anything else, is making Virginia look reaaaaalllllly good.  ;) 

I heard he is registering for the NFL draft, so he won't be there...jsyk :)
HLS '09

gertrude

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2006, 07:23:50 PM »
dizzinged- doh! pretty much anticipated so no hard feelings toby :)

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »
Well, I haven't checked this thread in a few days, but I have to say that the majority of what practiceboy said was irritating at best.  The rejections board is for those of us who got rejected to cheer each other up and wallow in our sorrows--not for someone who was already admitted to come in and tell us that perhaps we had bad soft factors. 

It's true that you don't know why we were rejected, and throwing out your own baseless speculation is no better than what you came in here to criticize in the first place.

Agreed. Sorry, practiceboy but I've had enough of the Harvard apologetics from you. We get it. They are the best ever. They doth make no mistake. Fine.

::)

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »
Well, I haven't checked this thread in a few days, but I have to say that the majority of what practiceboy said was irritating at best.  The rejections board is for those of us who got rejected to cheer each other up and wallow in our sorrows--not for someone who was already admitted to come in and tell us that perhaps we had bad soft factors. 

It's true that you don't know why we were rejected, and throwing out your own baseless speculation is no better than what you came in here to criticize in the first place.

Agreed. Sorry, practiceboy but I've had enough of the Harvard apologetics from you. We get it. They are the best ever. They doth make no mistake. Fine.

::)

Ditto.  But I'm going to try to play nice and keep the rest of my snarky comments to myself.

Ah @#!* it.  I have to wonder about HLS admissions when an admit comes on to the rejection board and is surprised to see how much hate they're getting.  (Yeah, I know I forget what thread I'm in all the time and that I have no common sense, but I also don't have an acceptance to HLS, so I have an excuse. ;) )

XOXO Lily...

;D

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2006, 09:48:30 PM »
Ding!  ;D  Dated 1-11-06. Sent to my permanent address for some reason.
U Chi '09