« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 09:48:26 PM »
anyone still want to go to tech?

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Texas Tech...Looking for some guidance here
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 09:50:32 PM »
way to rationalize.

as for the smu story- the guy was pushed by 3 smu students and was tryign to defend himself.

funny that you mention abusing other team's fans....  :o

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 09:52:56 PM »
ok feel free to continue talking to yourself- i have proven my point.  i have to go study now (i go to a real university).

Go call some officer in the army a nazi, catch a few more STDs, and go to the standard Wed. night kegger, or do w/e it is you do on a wednesday night.

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 10:13:32 PM »
CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!

Hey, we're Texans here, let's just be proud about that fact.

rhythmbomb

• ON WISCONSIN!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 12:18:47 AM »
Happiness is Lubbock in the rear view mirror...

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »
Whoa guys!   :o   Chill...

I believe the question that revived this thread was about Lubbock and Tech in general, not about A&M's animosity towards Tech, and vice versa.  Obviously, the feelings run deep on both sides. 

Now, I will throw in my 2 cents.  I am also an Aggie, so I had (notice the past tense) a predisposition to disliking Tech and Lubbock.  However, I visited Tech at one of the worst possible times, during A&M v. Tech football game, fully decked out in maroon.  I did get some stares (glares?), but nohting bad happened to me. 

Lubbock-ites (?) are VERY nice and accomodating.  I had to navigate Lubbock alone and while it is easy, I did have some last minute desperate lane changes after the football game let out (ie - HIGH traffic).  My car has an Aggie sticker on it, so I expected other drivers not to let me over.  This was not the case.  The three times I urgently had to change lanes a driver would wave me in.  I don't know if they were students, fellow Ags, or just general Lubbock people, but I distinctly remember being suprised at the nice treatment I received. 

On to the law school - It is far removed from campus as can be (a plus in my view) and has little interaction with the UG population.  The law students are nice.  They look you in the eye, say hello, and seem sincere.  Tech Law also seems to be a "rising star" among the Texas law schools.  Its worth a visit.  If you'd like, I can send you a link to some pictures I took of the campus and of the law school from my visit. 

I've been meeting more and more Raiders (not Tech law students, but UGs) and am continually suprised by their willingness to help me with general Lubbock advice, apartments, directions, etc...afterall, they are supposed to hate me (and I, them)!

I know from the hijack on this thread the stereotypes seem true about the hate, but I am finding through first hand experience that it just isn't.  There are a few bad apples at Tech, just as there are at A&M.  Now lets make this thread constructive.

If you have anymore Qs there is a thread on the Applications board solely about Tech.  A bunch of helpful ppl are over there.