Law School Discussion

How much do you study per day?

magnumalv

Re: How much do you study per day?
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »
redacted

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 08:59:30 PM »
I disagree.  The scale isn't based on the raw score, the scale is based on the DIFFICULTY of the raw score.  A high raw score on an easy test with a hard scale is different a high raw score on a test with an easy scale.  The first one, the questions are easier to answer, the latter, the questions are harder and your raw score means you knew more.  That's why it's better to have consistent LSAT scores then consistent raw scores, being consistent raw scores just mean you're being inconsistent. ;)

spud1987

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 09:49:47 PM »
I agree that the scale is all about the difficulty of the test.  Of course in Feb they won't even release the scale so it doesn't matter  ;) 

Barney

• 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »
Deep breaths here, people.

Don't overstudy this thing. The LSAT is not packed with difficult questions. The test is made a thousand times more difficult by the stress associated with it and there's no surer way to raise your stress level than putting months of obsessive studying into it. 

Just put in enough time build your familiarity with the material. You want to be sure that nothing comes as a surprise, and that you fully appreciate that none of these questions is  so difficult that you can't answer it (and they aren't).

I wouldn't put in more than a couple of hours a day--and honestly, try to skip a day or three in there.

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 06:26:08 PM »
Deep breaths here, people.

Don't overstudy this thing. The LSAT is not packed with difficult questions. The test is made a thousand times more difficult by the stress associated with it and there's no surer way to raise your stress level than putting months of obsessive studying into it.

Just put in enough time build your familiarity with the material. You want to be sure that nothing comes as a surprise, and that you fully appreciate that none of these questions is so difficult that you can't answer it (and they aren't).

I wouldn't put in more than a couple of hours a day--and honestly, try to skip a day or three in there.

I honestly think that TITCR!

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 07:49:45 PM »
Forgive me for not being up-to-date with these acronyms but what is TITCR?

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 07:51:29 PM »
no problem!  That is the Credited Response

that one took me a while, so I like using it. ;)

Commie Panda

• Don't worry, I'm not really a commie...or a panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »
heh ok, i had figured out TCR previously but I didn't get this one. guess i shoulda put two and two together.

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 06:39:43 AM »
it's ok, i think i had to google it when i first started!  lol