Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You're killing me, Fordham!!!  (Read 3936 times)

JTW

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: You're killing me, Fordham!!!
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2006, 09:22:02 PM »
I'm wondering what the numbers, in terms of number of applications, are going to look like at Fordham. Seem to be a lot of waitlisting/deferrals going out.

Lilacs04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2006, 02:32:41 AM »
I am now scared to check my e-mail as I am convinced only a ding or waitlist (if I'm lucky) will be awaiting me.

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2006, 03:24:26 AM »
okay so apparently i wasn't exactly waitlisted..im pretty sure im in the same boat as the previous poster who said they had that quasi deferral thing

my mom left me a message last night saying she had news bout fordham, i call her back but had to get off the phone quickly and all she could tell me was that i was "waitlisted"

i call her back today to say hi and apparently the word "waitlist" was never used int he letter..it was more like..we are waiting to decide on you until we get some more applicants to look at or something like that...liek a weird quasi deferral. i didnt see the letter so im not sure what she was talking about, and once again i couldnt stay on the phone long so ill talk to her more about it tomorrow hopefully

im pretty stoked about GW, still kinda in shock i got in actually..but since im from NYC i was REALLY hoping to get into fordham so i could move back there...but who knows..maybe this is really a blessing and im meant to try out a new city...
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

JTW

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »
What are your numbers Suzieq?

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2006, 08:51:10 PM »
ahh this old thread was a long time ago

but i just had a question about the deferral letter

I never got a chance to see it..it cames to my mothers' house and she sent it back for me. I just wanted to make sure that by sending them that letter it was not binding (like ED, i would be required to go there)

does anyone else who got this deferral letter know if it said anything about this?
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Lilacs04

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2006, 09:13:22 PM »
Suzieq: Nope, it's not binding at all. Just a simple form to let them know you still want to be considered. Question for ya: On this form, it asks if you're interested in Full Time Day, Part Time Evening, or either. Would I be hurting my chances at FT if I marked "either," or could I check either and (tactfully) express a preference for FT, but also express that I would love any opportunity to attend Fordham? Do you think that would hurt or help?

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2006, 10:24:54 PM »
I still have not heard anything from them... :-\

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2006, 11:11:08 PM »
Suzieq: Nope, it's not binding at all. Just a simple form to let them know you still want to be considered. Question for ya: On this form, it asks if you're interested in Full Time Day, Part Time Evening, or either. Would I be hurting my chances at FT if I marked "either," or could I check either and (tactfully) express a preference for FT, but also express that I would love any opportunity to attend Fordham? Do you think that would hurt or help?

I'd say your plan is a good one- fill out either and say you'd prefer full time but would not turn down part time if it were offered. 

Danni

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2006, 11:19:55 PM »
Where do you find this "status checker"?

Thanks from a newbie.

Danni

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »
Danni- it's in the admissions section under appication status, but it's a POS and is only updated once every two weeks.