Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Obsession  (Read 114720 times)

notachanceinhell

• View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #1570 on: January 27, 2009, 06:16:44 PM »
i realize answers will vary, but how long did it take for your app to go 'complete' at Yale? thanks

Just under a month, I think.

C'mon guys, I know tyutchev and I aren't the only people antsy about Yale sending out their calls....when will it end??  They need to get their mind off the burgers and start makin' some calls!

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 27, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
i realize answers will vary, but how long did it take for your app to go 'complete' at Yale? thanks

Just under a month, I think.

C'mon guys, I know tyutchev and I aren't the only people antsy about Yale sending out their calls....when will it end??  They need to get their mind off the burgers and start makin' some calls!

Okay, so I'm well aware this is probably going to come off as obnoxious, but at the beginning of the cycle, I promised myself that I would not expect Yale, or think about Yale. I would not stare at my phone hoping to see '203,' I would not read their course guides, I wouldn't even read their admissions blog, because I knew my life would be stressful and harder, and to be perfectly honest, I was expecting a waitlist in like, April, and didn't want to hate myself all cycle long. When I got the call in December, I was legit blown away, but also, more importantly, not a nervous wreck in the weeks leading up to it. Just stop thinking about it - the chances of getting in are so miniscule, that even people who get in really shouldn't expect to think that they'd get in. Walk away from the Yale website.... :)

YetAnotherApplicant

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 29, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »

C'mon guys, I know tyutchev and I aren't the only people antsy about Yale sending out their calls...

All right, fine, I'll admit it. I'm antsy. But I'm really not expecting anything.

notachanceinhell

• View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 29, 2009, 12:50:24 PM »
fwiw, according to TLS someone was accepted yesterday

YetAnotherApplicant

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »
fwiw, according to TLS someone was accepted yesterday

Maybe. LSN hasn't shown any activity since Dec. (I'm assuming that those were the ones who were straight decision and didn't go out in the standard review process...)

jubileeez

• View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: January 31, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
yeah, someone from my school got in on thurs... guess my chances are that much slimmer, haha. good luck to everyone waiting!!!

notachanceinhell

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 31, 2009, 09:28:44 PM »
If the trend of the past few years repeats itself, then a large batch of acceptances should begin Monday; as far as the Thursday admits are concerned, it would seem that there was a very small number (i.e. unless TLS and you are talking about the same person, that is 2 reports), which seems to suggest that they might have been auto-admits who applied after the point at which YLS sent out the first batch of auto-admits.

As far as your chances, it seems like your cycle has gone amazingly so far ;D--I'm sure they'll be saving the rejections for folks like me instead :-[!

jubileeez

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 01, 2009, 10:03:22 AM »
that does make sense. dont know about her softs, but the person i know has stellar numbers-- 4.0, 180, so it wouldn't surprise me that she was in the auto-admit batch. my UG is pretty small (graduating class of 380is), so im not sure how that'll play into my decision.

yeah, i feel like i lucked out extraordinarily this cycle and im honored to have the choices i already have, so even though my 250 probably shot my chances at yale, im not too worried about it atm.

and notachanceinhell, i have a sneaking suspicion you're being overly modest  :). im sure good news will be coming your way soon!

notachanceinhell

• View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 01, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »
Well, one thing I will say is this:  as far as the 'auto admit' category goes, I'm pretty skeptical of the role numbers play in its determination (possibly outside of minority applicants).  The admits in December really seemed to spread the LSAT spectrum.  And for further anecdotal evidence ( :P), I'm really close to your friend's numbers, have been accepted at all the other T6, and wasn't a Dec. or Jan. admit (not that I deserved it--as I said in an earlier post, I expect to be rejected. I think that I have at best a 50/50 shot at YLS...all I can do is hope haha.  It's just too random a process to reasonably predict--that said, I'm in the Yale obsession thread because....well....I'm obsessed with Yale).

Anywho, that's just my .02--good luck with your cycle!

jubileeez

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 01, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »
haha, she's not my friend. and um, i didn't say anything about how her numbers alone make her an auto-admit. i simply meant that since i dont know anything about her softs, i can only say that she has great numbers, and given that she's such a go-getting super-competitive overachiever (as her grades attest), it wouldn't surprise me that the numbers and the rest of her application put her in the auto-admit pile. sorry to imply that or put you on the defensive in any way.