Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Obsession  (Read 116675 times)

JackBauer

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #840 on: March 24, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »
As I understand it (and ms. mooo....bel will please correct me if i'm mistaken) the two major sources of delay are: (1) recent turnovers in admissions office staff, and (2) the recent and unfortunate departure of a significant staff member due to a personal issue (I think it was maternity leave).

As for when you will find out about the waitlist, I don't think there is an official notification date. (That's not unique to Yale though, I know a now-veteran attorney who is still on the waitlist at Columbia.)

anon123

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 24, 2006, 02:28:02 PM »
Sounds similar to the situation at Harvard last year (the previous incarnation of Toby was forced out mid-cycle).

Thanks for the info. Yale's the only place I haven't heard from (complete 12/27) -- so was just wondering what to expect if I get waitlisted.

bewitched

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 24, 2006, 02:35:25 PM »
I noticed on the website that if you're facing scholarship deadlines and have yet to receive a decision from Yale, you can email the admissions office with that information. I did this on tuesday and have yet to hear a thing... Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, at what point is it appropriate to follow up with a phone call? Yale's a bit of a pipe dream anyway, but I just can't imagine deciding where to go without at least knowing my status there.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 24, 2006, 03:42:07 PM »
If it's really important, go ahead and call.  But they really are swamped right now, so anything not important probably won't be looked upon favorably.

Kansas

« Reply #844 on: March 24, 2006, 04:08:09 PM »
If it's really important, go ahead and call.  But they really are swamped right now, so anything not important probably won't be looked upon favorably.

Does this go for admits' queries as well? I e-mailed the admissions office a few weeks ago with a question and never got a response...

bewitched

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 24, 2006, 04:14:15 PM »
For now, I guess I'll let it go... after all, they have more important things to do - like admit me - I mean, other people. :)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 24, 2006, 04:17:35 PM »

Does this go for admits' queries as well? I e-mailed the admissions office a few weeks ago with a question and never got a response...

Yeah, they're terrible with e-mail.  But since you're already in, feel free to call them.  I did last year (about a question regarding admit weekend), and they were really helpful.

cyberrev

« Reply #847 on: March 24, 2006, 04:46:55 PM »
still alive after yet another week.

LAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 24, 2006, 06:12:34 PM »
Ugh. Just got kicked out of the game. Waitlisted at Yale, which is basically a consolation prize since so few get in off the waitlist.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=LASMO

In: Georgetown, Boalt, Michigan, NYU, GW, Northwestern, Penn, Harvard, NW, Columbia, Chicago, Stanford
Waitlisted: Yale
Pending:  None.

cyberrev

« Reply #849 on: March 24, 2006, 07:07:39 PM »
as for me, i would consider it a personal victory to even be put on the waitlist.  i'd throw a 'i got on yale's waitlist' party    ;D