Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

JPhilmore

• This actually is me.
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #810 on: March 23, 2006, 09:45:10 AM »
The bad news is that if they are sending people to the waitlist, and you haven't been accepted at this point, a ding is very likely.  I guess the exception would be people who applied very late. 

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 23, 2006, 09:49:55 AM »
The bad news is that if they are sending people to the waitlist, and you haven't been accepted at this point, a ding is very likely.  I guess the exception would be people who applied very late. 

I'll take a W/L.  It's kind of like a moral victory.  Harvard probably fits me better anyway (but I haven't researched Yale quite as much for obvious reasons).

Honestly I'm kind of at the point where a W/L would be my first choice.  I'd love to stay in Cambridge, I think Harvard suits me just fine, and not getting dinged outright would be a nice ego stroke.   :D

But I'd happily take any answer now if they'd just finally give me one!

I'm really hoping for a thin envelope in my mailbox.

And sorry to all those who already have one.   :'(  "Damn you Yale!" (shakes fist at the big Adcomm in the sky)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 23, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »
You all know what I think. Both Su and Pancho are getting in.

I'm willing to take bets on this.

I think JPhillmore's logic is pretty good, alas (kind of alas).

But I'll happily bet you a drink on the subject.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 23, 2006, 09:55:46 AM »
Yale really doesn't seem to have accepted many people in their regular process yet, so I think JPhil is likely incorrect.  The vast majority of LSN acceptances were in the late December batch, and we have seen very little since the faculty review.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 23, 2006, 09:57:04 AM »
The bad news is that if they are sending people to the waitlist, and you haven't been accepted at this point, a ding is very likely. I guess the exception would be people who applied very late.

Nah, they still have hundreds of apps to read.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 23, 2006, 09:58:21 AM »
Yale really doesn't seem to have accepted many people in their regular process yet, so I think JPhil is likely incorrect.  The vast majority of LSN acceptances were in the late December batch, and we have seen very little since the faculty review.

The idea of waitlisting before being done with admitting really confuses me still.

But the mysteries of Yale's admissions process are not mine to comprehend.

But like Pancho I'm fairly confident that they don't really take people like me.  I'm ok with that.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 23, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »

TITCR.

Su and Pancho will be in the next batch.  :D

I'll even give 2-1 odds.

So what if one gets in but not the other?

« Reply #817 on: March 23, 2006, 10:42:41 AM »
I'm pretty convinced I will never received a decision, ever.  I keep saying I'd rather not have to be in the difficult position of deciding between Yale and Harvard, but I know that's totally totally a lie.

habeas dorkus!

• A retired queen of hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 23, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »
I can't believe JPhil got waitlisted.

JPhilmore

• This actually is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 23, 2006, 11:26:07 AM »
I can't believe JPhil got waitlisted.

Its all your fault, too many people deferring last year :)