Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #750 on: March 17, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »
Some people hide their Harvard apps (I know more than one person on this board who have listed every school but that one, even though they've applied there)

Are you still there, Su?

Semi.  I'm in and out.

redemption

« Reply #751 on: March 17, 2006, 05:42:03 PM »
Some people hide their Harvard apps (I know more than one person on this board who have listed every school but that one, even though they've applied there)

Are you still there, Su?

Semi.  I'm in and out.

Why wouldn't you fit in at Yale again? Not because of the chat?

redemption

« Reply #752 on: March 17, 2006, 05:43:27 PM »
That's true. Scotty plays an open hand. It's not the same around here when he's not posting.

Speaking of which, I guess SC's living it up right about now.

actually i'm guessing that he's still passed out.  it would be early morning there, but not so early that he'd still be up.

i prefer when people show their cards up front.

eh, I hid my GPA at first and people didn't have the allergic to me then that they kinda do now. Should have stayed hidden - my initial instinct was right.

redemption

« Reply #753 on: March 17, 2006, 05:47:48 PM »
redemption fit that combo, but I picked it because I was thinking abstractly about human rights law and how it had gone wrong blah blah... I'm not good about screen names, as you can tell from yesterday's decision.

redemption

« Reply #754 on: March 17, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »
A girl's gotta have her secrets, or some such thing. Get over it.

Anyway, as I say, even the 4 doesn't quite tell the story

redemption

« Reply #755 on: March 17, 2006, 05:57:43 PM »
A girl's gotta have her secrets, or some such thing. Get over it.

Anyway, as I say, even the 4 doesn't quite tell the story

apparently not.

we will have to keep a close eye on you.

I'll pm you about it if you're going to pout. Though It's only interesting to me, really.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 17, 2006, 06:00:51 PM »

Just because on the whole I haven't done anything terribly impressive, and I'm not sure I want to spend three years feeling like the laziest guy in the room.  And the more I think about a school where schmoozing with professors is a big deal the more I feel apprehensive; I'm better on tests and papers than I am at schmoozing by a longshot.

And also... I don't know, I've just been feeling a generalized smugness from a number of yale affiliated sources, which has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

redemption

« Reply #757 on: March 17, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »

Just because on the whole I haven't done anything terribly impressive, and I'm not sure I want to spend three years feeling like the laziest guy in the room.  And the more I think about a school where schmoozing with professors is a big deal the more I feel apprehensive; I'm better on tests and papers than I am at schmoozing by a longshot.

And also... I don't know, I've just been feeling a generalized smugness from a number of yale affiliated sources, which has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

I see  :)

I think that there will be lots of people there who haven't yet saved the world, and I don't know that the arriviste, defensive posture of HLS would be more tolerable than Yale's smugness. I guess that's why I didn't apply there myself

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 17, 2006, 06:27:58 PM »
I think that there will be lots of people there who haven't yet saved the world, and I don't know that the arriviste, defensive posture of HLS would be more tolerable than Yale's smugness. I guess that's why I didn't apply there myself

I was a little worried about HLS in that way, but I got a very good feeling about the current students that I met at the admit weekend, and through friends.  And the large school/small school argument does mean a lot to me in a purely social way.

It could be that my YLS doubts would be similarly allayed.  All I'm saying is that I'm far from sure I'd pick them if I got in.

redemption

« Reply #759 on: March 17, 2006, 06:31:51 PM »
The feeling one gets from a place matters a lot, so yeah I feel you on that.

I'm horribly pro-Yale and Chicago. Irrationally so  :D