Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #740 on: March 17, 2006, 04:37:23 PM »
Su, are you still considering NYU?

Yeah.  The Yale ding wouldn't instantly settle things, but it would let me focus on the NYU/Harvard decision and be prepared to have a final answer by the time I hear back on the RTK scholarship.

su, when did you go complete at yale?  i appear to still be hanging on for yet another day.  my new theory is that they actually rejected me, but the letter was lost.

although i did get an invite to the chat on the 9th, so it would have had to have been between then and now....

I went complete on October 26th.

My only guess on my app is that they're hanging onto me in case they finish admitting and realize that they don't have any lesbians at all, and feel that that would be embarassing (they keep talking about trying to put together a "diverse" class and all).  Once they realize that they've admitted more interesting dykes they'll be sending me my ding.   :D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
HI STAN!!!!!
« Reply #741 on: March 17, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »

Yeah.  The Yale ding wouldn't instantly settle things, but it would let me focus on the NYU/Harvard decision and be prepared to have a final answer by the time I hear back on the RTK scholarship.

on the other hand, the yale acceptance would instantly settle things, right?

i haven't been in this thread in a while.  love what you've done with the place.

I'm glad you like the curtains.  I sewed them myself.

And no, at this point a NHSoL acceptance wouldn't instantly settle things.  I'd really have to see how I felt about it at the admit weekend.

cyberrev

« Reply #742 on: March 17, 2006, 04:53:45 PM »

su, when did you go complete at yale?  i appear to still be hanging on for yet another day.  my new theory is that they actually rejected me, but the letter was lost.

although i did get an invite to the chat on the 9th, so it would have had to have been between then and now....

I went complete on October 26th.

My only guess on my app is that they're hanging onto me in case they finish admitting and realize that they don't have any lesbians at all, and feel that that would be embarassing (they keep talking about trying to put together a "diverse" class and all).  Once they realize that they've admitted more interesting dykes they'll be sending me my ding.   :D

geez, october...

i guess they dont have any dykes or old people.  maybe theyre looking for an old dyke so they can ding both of us

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 17, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »
i guess they dont have any dykes or old people.  maybe theyre looking for an old dyke so they can ding both of us

:D :D :D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 17, 2006, 05:01:44 PM »
And no, at this point a NHSoL acceptance wouldn't instantly settle things.  I'd really have to see how I felt about it at the admit weekend.

wow, you've changed.

I know.  I feel weird about it.

But I didn't really expect to be offered an RTK interview, and I'm getting really into the idea of sticking around Cambridge, and I'm increasingly of the opinion that I don't belong at Yale, whether they let me in or not.

That and the HLS kids I met were very reassuringly diverse of politics and career plans.  (I met people to the left of me at the admit day, and that's always reassuring.  Having a left flank keeps me honest.)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 17, 2006, 05:07:40 PM »
there are people to the left of you?  oh right, scotty.  i didn't realize he had gotten into HLS. 

well whatever you decide, i'm jealous of your options.  i'll keep my fingers crossed for you for RTK YLS.  ;)

Thanks.  And I still think YLS made a big mistake with you.  Bastards.

And, yes, there are people to the left of me.

Tho Scotty isn't one of them.

redemption

« Reply #746 on: March 17, 2006, 05:15:56 PM »
there are people to the left of you?  oh right, scotty.  i didn't realize he had gotten into HLS

This happened??

redemption

« Reply #747 on: March 17, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
I see. I was about to be very happy for him.

redemption

« Reply #748 on: March 17, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »
Some people hide their Harvard apps (I know more than one person on this board who have listed every school but that one, even though they've applied there)

Are you still there, Su?

redemption

« Reply #749 on: March 17, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »
That's true. Scotty plays an open hand. It's not the same around here when he's not posting.

Speaking of which, I guess SC's living it up right about now.