Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #690 on: March 09, 2006, 12:16:23 PM »
Su - why withdraw? you will totally get in.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 09, 2006, 12:22:11 PM »

Based on the statistics I probably won't.  But regardless, I'm just getting increasingly negative feelings about the whole thing.  It isn't even that I think there's something that Yale should do that they aren't, it's just a really negative vibe.

The phrase "high and mighty" comes to mind, as does the phrase "intellectual elitism."  But I think that's just me venting because I've got a lot of stress in my life at the moment and I just want to be done with the whole law school application thing.

Kansas

« Reply #692 on: March 09, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »

Based on the statistics I probably won't.  But regardless, I'm just getting increasingly negative feelings about the whole thing.  It isn't even that I think there's something that Yale should do that they aren't, it's just a really negative vibe.

The phrase "high and mighty" comes to mind, as does the phrase "intellectual elitism."  But I think that's just me venting because I've got a lot of stress in my life at the moment and I just want to be done with the whole law school application thing.

Don't withdraw! Just try to put it in the back of your mind (haha) and stick it out. You can do it!

vrm083

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 09, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »
I hate that I'm abandoning my mailbox for 10 whole days just as the rejection floodgates are about to open (I think).  Then again, at least my spring break won't be ruined. 

« Reply #694 on: March 09, 2006, 01:33:02 PM »
Uh...oh...

As per our own rejection thread...

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=MalReyn

MalReyn got dinged with a 172, 3.78, but...

He was complete 2/9!

This could be a long weekend.

Yep. Looks like I was the lucky first in the newest wave of rejections. It's been a long day. Also got into Columbia (via e-mail, a surprise), and lost the summer job I had thought I had all lined up. Quite up and down.

Oh well... bye-bye dreams of Yale.

« Reply #695 on: March 09, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »

Don't withdraw.  I'm still waiting too. . .  Although I do admit it can be hard to keep the obsession going and avoid bitterness.  But I'll hold on to my obsession, just in case.  Statistics don't matter to me at all as long as I've got any shot at being one of the rare cases that gets in.  Most of us are already in the homestretch of the app process with really good prospects.  The way I see it, I either have more options & a harder decision or an easier decision with still great options.  I'd rather get a ding than to never know that I could've gotten in.

keep hope alive

and so concludes my daily soapbox.

see you at hls

John Galt

« Reply #696 on: March 09, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »

Don't withdraw.  I'm still waiting too. . .  Although I do admit it can be hard to keep the obsession going and avoid bitterness.  But I'll hold on to my obsession, just in case.  Statistics don't matter to me at all as long as I've got any shot at being one of the rare cases that gets in.  Most of us are already in the homestretch of the app process with really good prospects.  The way I see it, I either have more options & a harder decision or an easier decision with still great options.  I'd rather get a ding than to never know that I could've gotten in.

keep hope alive

with that, Jesse Jackson sheds a tear.

« Reply #697 on: March 09, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
got into Columbia

Congratulations!

Thanks. While the Yale rejection put a damper on it, I admit I'm ecstatic I got into Columbia.... I was starting to get nervous.

« Reply #698 on: March 09, 2006, 09:24:08 PM »

keep hope alive

Okay mr. cynic.  Who are you and what have you done w/ jg?  Where is the kumbayah man that would simply insist, "Don't worry, you're getting in." ?  Or is this just jg's yalie alter ego finally kicking in?   :-\

John Galt

« Reply #699 on: March 09, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »

keep hope alive

Okay mr. cynic.  Who are you and what have you done w/ jg?  Where is the kumbayah man that would simply insist, "Don't worry, you're getting in." ?  Or is this just jg's yalie alter ego finally kicking in?   :-\

hahaha, obviously I think you're getting in. You're a superstar! I just laugh anytime someone says "Keep hope alive."