Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Obsession  (Read 116755 times)

almuhajaba

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2006, 10:44:30 AM »
if it makes you feel any better stan, *for now*, ...  :D

i liked it better without the conditional.  :D

well now that the granite is back, I take back the conditional  ;D

The Sign

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2006, 11:12:36 AM »
Did you start preparing for law school?

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 27, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »
In case you didn't notice, whatalurker from LSN (and sometimes LSD) got into Yale this morning.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 27, 2006, 12:09:06 PM »
In case you didn't notice, whatalurker from LSN (and sometimes LSD) got into Yale this morning.

It's caused me to spend the last half hour nervously glancing at my cell every 30 seconds.   :-\  Not that I actually expect a call.

asdf1234

• first person to guess the correct city WINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 27, 2006, 02:29:28 PM »

just wanted to stop in for a little between-classes obsession

*obsess obsess obsess*

obsess on...
HLS Class of 2009

My summer internship pays me to surf the web.  It's fantastic.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2006, 02:37:32 PM »

It's caused me to spend the last half hour nervously glancing at my cell every 30 seconds.   :-\  Not that I actually expect a call.

From this point on, I will work under the assumption that you are, in fact, scotty, unless proof to the contrary is provided.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »

Wow, isn't that the first acceptance in like a month and a half? Is a new wave coming?  :o
CLS'09

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2006, 02:46:37 PM »

From this point on, I will work under the assumption that you are, in fact, scotty, unless proof to the contrary is provided.

It's pretty easy to keep track of who everyone is, really.  Just find a thread that you know I started (like, y'know, this one) and check who's listed as the person who started the thread.

And Ghaleon, there was another new acceptance last week, but it's mistakenly listed as 2005.  Jillyan, or something like that.

bettingonchina

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 03, 2006, 12:01:48 AM »
Does anybody (admitted or not) want to talk about what they wrote in their PS or 250 worder?  I just think it'd be cool to see what people our age who are trying for the best school in the nation are thinking about doing with thier lives, or even just where they are coming from.  You know, get a low down on what our generation is going to turn out like...

250 word: Why I think studying languages has been the best use of my time in UG.

PS: I wrote about what I want to study at Yale, which is International Environmental Law and China.  I'm looking towards doing a PhD (E. Management) at the same time as my JD, but I'll probably be denied based upon my numbers...I won't stop kissing my St. Christopher's medallion until they tell me to, though...Good luck everyone.
3.83/168

you are NOT the father: BOALT (woot)
test results after this commercial break: HARVARD, STANFORD, L & C
you ARE the father: YALE

have you had a child and don't know who the father is? write to maury at LSN: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=bettingonchina

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 03, 2006, 12:05:09 AM »
Does anybody (admitted or not) want to talk about what they wrote in their PS or 250 worder?  I just think it'd be cool to see what people our age who are trying for the best school in the nation are thinking about doing with thier lives, or even just where they are coming from.  You know, get a low down on what our generation is going to turn out like...

250 word: Why I think studying languages has been the best use of my time in UG.

PS: I wrote about what I want to study at Yale, which is International Environmental Law and China.  I'm looking towards doing a PhD (E. Management) at the same time as my JD, but I'll probably be denied based upon my numbers...I won't stop kissing my St. Christopher's medallion until they tell me to, though...Good luck everyone.

I wrote my 250 on my views of spiraling decline of the American secondary school system, and how imperative it is that we reverse this situation, before intellectual monsters (India/China rip us to shreads figuratively speaking)...clearly it sucked because I got dinged...oh well
HLS '09