Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2006, 06:12:13 PM »
A current Yale 1L over on XOXO says s/he heard Dean Koh say last week that only about thirty people have been accepted so far. Makes you wonder about all those LSN users....
I wonder why they're taking their time in making acceptances. Mind you, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes if one's coming my way. *sigh*

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »
best to get the decision later in the cycle, lest you start obsessing about a binder that will never come....DAMN YOU, YALE!

I can see how this would be worse than waiting for a decision  :P

Don't front, George. If I could go back and tell them not to call me until the binders were ready....

On second thought, I'm pretty glad I got the acceptance early.  ;D

But once you do get it, you're just going to be obsessed over something else. It doesn't end with good news, guys.

Haha.  Yeah, waiting to get the promotional materials is definitely more trying than waiting to see if you got in.   :P

I don't recall being this stressed about getting my HLS binder after getting Toby's call.

JSIA.  ;)

« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2006, 06:14:07 PM »
hey, off topic, but have you guys seen curly? has she been hanging around on the off-topic threads?  i feel like it's been ages since i've seen her!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2006, 06:16:05 PM »
A current Yale 1L over on XOXO says s/he heard Dean Koh say last week that only about thirty people have been accepted so far. Makes you wonder about all those LSN users....
I wonder why they're taking their time in making acceptances. Mind you, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes if one's coming my way. *sigh*

What's sad is that it kind of made me wonder how accurate Koh's figure was.  I mean, given the other stuff she mentioned about his talking about the 175 word essay and all.

I suppose I shouldn't be as credulous about LSN as I am, but all the accounts are so believeable, and I just have trouble wrapping my head around the idea of people making up convincing accounts well in advance just to psych people out.

Maybe I'm too naive for this whole law school business.

But I sure hope they've only let in 30 people so far.  It would make me feel better about my odds.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2006, 06:16:44 PM »
hey, off topic, but have you guys seen curly? has she been hanging around on the off-topic threads?  i feel like it's been ages since i've seen her!

Yeah, she's around on off topic, though not quite as frequently as in the recent past.  She's currently traveling, which probably cuts down on the internet access.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 12, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »

Hearsay is rough, particularly from XOXOers.  Either way, I think 30 would be a very small number.  I trust at least 15 acceptances on LSN, and I have a strong feeling that there must be at least 50.

almuhajaba

« Reply #426 on: February 12, 2006, 06:19:51 PM »

Hearsay is rough, particularly from XOXOers.  Either way, I think 30 would be a very small number.  I trust at least 15 acceptances on LSN, and I have a strong feeling that there must be at least 50.

do you trust me?  ;D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 12, 2006, 06:19:51 PM »

It was MoBell tho, who I tend to find fairly credible, for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on at the moment.  Of course, it could also have been a parody account of her, but then I'm back to the "why would anyone bother" question.

« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2006, 06:23:01 PM »
To be fair, Koh apparently said "about thirty", which could probably mean fiftyish if one were to stretch a point. I hope that thirty figure is right, though. I went complete in December and still haven't gotten any news: trying not to set myself up for disappointment.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
do you trust me?  ;D

I trust you, though I can't spell your moniker.

I still think the number has to be off.