Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

dw05

• View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »
Not to be too much of a downer for those who've gotten the axe already, but I think perhaps "auto-dings" comprised a large portion of this last round.  Now exactly what constitutes this kind of presumptive deny from Yale is beyond my powers to ascertain, but I do believe most of you on the thread can reasonably expect to stay in the game for a while longer.  Of the 50+ rejects so far listed on LSN, only about 3 or 4 are H admits, if that's any kind of proxy for app. strength.  Though I can't explain someone like chasingkoalas...

« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »
man, how depressing.

i just went through all the yale apps from last year (bored much?) and it seems that anybody who applied around the same time i did a) didn't go complete till mid-late february, and b) didn't hear till mid march at the earliest, late april at the latest.   :-[

damn me for procrastinating with that 250! damn me!!

Ouch.  That's a nasty wait.  But at least you needn't fear your mailbox for a while.  :)

EDIT: Not that I think you're going to get dinged, just that, y'know, it's Yale, so everyone quakes in fear until they get an answer.

haha thanks, su.  and no need to sugar (or should i say...suger? ;)) coat it...it would take close to a miracle for me (or anybody, for that matter) to get accepted.

« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2006, 05:37:05 AM »
Wow!...that's nuts.  You've been complete for four months?? Well that means you're definitely in the running.  I've just been complete a couple of weeks  :-\

i'm not even complete yet  :'(

sad part is, it doesn't.  they only sent out the first batch of dings earlier this week, but because i am overseas and misdirecting my mail for a month only takes one word, i have no idea if i'm already dinged or not.  :(

this is KILLING me!!!  :'(

hey stan, why don't you call the office and tell them you're overseas, and just ask if a decision has been made on your file? that might  put you at ease for a bit :)

redemption

« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2006, 05:55:14 AM »

redemption

« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2006, 06:01:56 AM »
At least you know that you weren't an auto-ding. I think that that's what the last group was and they wouldn't have sent yours out by snail mail since they know where you are and that you wouldn't get it for a while. They're probably talking about you right now and hemming and hawing.

« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2006, 02:58:40 PM »
woo! i'm complete at yale! earlier than i had expected based on last year's applications...i can now officially join the obsessive worrying club (hi su!)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2006, 03:58:54 PM »
woo! i'm complete at yale! earlier than i had expected based on last year's applications...i can now officially join the obsessive worrying club (hi su!)

Welcome welcome!

(Misery loves company!  ;))

« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2006, 04:06:29 PM »

Welcome welcome!

thanks su! (reminds me of the tshirt..."missouri loves company".  he he.) 

btw, what's with weird mean comments on LSN?  i got a few and deleted them, and i just looked at yours and saw that you have one as well.  xoxoers should stick to their own board and not invade our special spaces  :o

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »

Welcome welcome!

thanks su! (reminds me of the tshirt..."missouri loves company".  he he.) 

btw, what's with weird mean comments on LSN?  i got a few and deleted them, and i just looked at yours and saw that you have one as well.  xoxoers should stick to their own board and not invade our special spaces  :o

I was especially confused by the most recent one.   ???

Oh, well.  I suppose it fills the empty, empty hours for some poor soul.

getinsomewhere

« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2006, 05:02:47 PM »
The obsession is starting to get me, too.  I've not been complete too long, but, avoiding that first round of rejects inspired some obsession.