Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: NHSoL Obsession
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2006, 04:03:41 PM »
Sorry Su...
:( who/what killed your sister's cat?! :( :( :( sad times...

A car.  I guess it was quick, anyway.  I didn't hear if they stopped or not, and I didn't want to ask.

almuhajaba

« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2006, 04:05:43 PM »
Sorry Su...
:( who/what killed your sister's cat?! :( :( :( sad times...

A car.  I guess it was quick, anyway.  I didn't hear if they stopped or not, and I didn't want to ask.

:'( poor kittie...

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »
Su, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's cat!  :( You are right, there are more important things than getting into law schools.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:15 PM »
su,

if you had the choice between:

1) reversing what happened to the cat; being rejected from yale

or

2) not changing what happened to the cat; being accepted to yale

which one would you pick?

1).  No question.  I couldn't face my sister ever again if I chose the second one.

« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:01 PM »
su,

or

1).  No question.  I couldn't face my sister ever again if I chose the second one.

Congrads Su, you are human after all.  :D

:-*

« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »
su,

or

titcr  ;)

getinsomewhere

« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:50 PM »
I haven't posted in this thread before (commiserations on the cat).
I could probably dig this up from another thread, but laziness...

I have been complete for about 2 weeks.  Clearly, I am not entitled to whine, complain or even wonder, but, I still will.  What is the consensus on length of time complete=acceptance?  Is a pattern emerging some intrepid posters have bar graphed?  If I don't hear I'm in in a month, is it curtains for me?

Now that the rejections are on the move, this all seems more urgent.

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2006, 07:28:51 PM »
b) we know that faculty members do the ratings that make up the bulk of the decisions

Only among those forwarded by Megan.  The vast, vast, majority of applicants are rejected outright, and she makes that decision.

okay, i know i just posted in this thread but whatever!

okay so the 2/2 dings.  are they the first round of people weeded out by faculty or are they the people that didn't make it past megan?  the impression that i got from alci's post is that the first wave of dings is the applications that don't make it past megan, so does that mean they're just starting the first round of faculty reviews?  and if so, how long does this first round take?  when can we expect the next wave of admits/dings?

were there a significant number of acceptances to accompany these dings?  an absence of acceptances would seem to indicate that these were megan-dings. 

any thoughts?

also, i REALLY hope NHSoL is using the columbia/harvard six day mailing plan for me, and not the nyu month and a half plan.  >:(

sorry if this post is a downer for anyone.  i'm just really obsessive about this one.  :-\

I only know of a few people who got dinged, but they were really strong candidates and I'd be shocked if they were auto-rejects.  I think that faculty review has started, but this is just wild speculation at this point.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »
b) we know that faculty members do the ratings that make up the bulk of the decisions

Only among those forwarded by Megan.  The vast, vast, majority of applicants are rejected outright, and she makes that decision.

okay, i know i just posted in this thread but whatever!

okay so the 2/2 dings.  are they the first round of people weeded out by faculty or are they the people that didn't make it past megan?  the impression that i got from alci's post is that the first wave of dings is the applications that don't make it past megan, so does that mean they're just starting the first round of faculty reviews?  and if so, how long does this first round take?  when can we expect the next wave of admits/dings?

were there a significant number of acceptances to accompany these dings?  an absence of acceptances would seem to indicate that these were megan-dings. 

any thoughts?

also, i REALLY hope NHSoL is using the columbia/harvard six day mailing plan for me, and not the nyu month and a half plan.  >:(

sorry if this post is a downer for anyone.  i'm just really obsessive about this one.  :-\

I can only speculate, but I would wager the faculty review process started long ago.  They just waited until now to release the dings.  Probably some humanitarian reasons behind that, although it might seem counterintuitive to some.

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2006, 07:41:05 PM »
I can only speculate, but I would wager the faculty review process started long ago.  They just waited until now to release the dings.  Probably some humanitarian reasons behind that, although it might seem counterintuitive to some.

well that makes sense, why hold off on it.  i was just thinking that maybe they weren't through the first cycle and so these dings were the ones that didn't make it past megan.

oh well...  :-\

A rejection in February is a lot less painful than one in May. It may just be me, but I want mine now rather than spend any more time worrying about it.