Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

corky

• View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »
I can think of a bunch of rational reasons for why Yale shouldn't be my top choice, but I can't make myself believe them :).

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »
I can think of a bunch of rational reasons for why Yale shouldn't be my top choice, but I can't make myself believe them :).

Yeah, me too, in truth.  But I figure that along with Jack and junk food they'll console me when I get the letter.   :D

« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
Phew, nothing in the mail box today.  Or perhaps the post office is just slow.  I hadn't originally been obsessing about Yale but y'all have infected me.

« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2006, 01:34:35 PM »

Yeah, me too, in truth.  But I figure that along with Jack and junk food they'll console me when I get the letter.   :D

I think this should be a theme of a future lovefest. Not Curlyfest, cause she got in, but our next one. :)

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2006, 01:59:06 PM »

I dunno...I find that the Tobester can be mighty convincing.

asdf1234

• first person to guess the correct city WINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2006, 02:50:46 PM »
Hm.  I don't think an updated LSAC report would hurt...let them see your good grades.  But a letter probably wouldn't do any good unless you have something to report that is noticeably different from what you've done in the recent past.

Thanks for the advice (and you too ibroadrunr).  I'll send in an LSAC report, but I think your opinion on the letter is pretty accurate.  (Of course, had I taken the research grant it would be another story, but I can't do something if my heart isn't in it, Yale or no Yale.)

I don't think I will rush them my transcript or anthing though.  If they are planning on giving me a swift February rejection, the 0.01 GPA boost won't do much to change it.  It might come in handy as extra supporting evidence of continued effort/success in March/April though if I am on the borderline between reject/waitlist or waitlist/accept.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
Re: NHSoL Obsession
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »
As long as I'm not winning the "Obnoxious female dog who won't shut up about Yale" award, I'm happy.   :-\

Never! You win the "Lesbian who loves desserts and will get into Yale cause she is wicked smart and totally deserves it" award.  :)

Pardon my GAK.

i can't believe you actually used the word "wicked."

and GAK is acceptable when it comes to su.  i don't know why.

at this point i kind of want her to get in more than i want to get in myself.

I think when prefaced with "wicked" the pronunciation of smart changes to "smaht."  Not that either really applies.

And seriously, Stan, you have to want to get in yourself more.  Don't be silly.  You so deserve it more than I do and you know it.

And for the record, my ding hasn't arrived yet, unless my housemates lost it before I got home.  But I feel incredibly guilty for spending all day worried about it anyway, because on the way home I got worse news from my sister, whose cat was just killed.   :'(  :'( 

« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »
As long as I'm not winning the "Obnoxious female dog who won't shut up about Yale" award, I'm happy.   :-\

Never! You win the "Lesbian who loves desserts and will get into Yale cause she is wicked smart and totally deserves it" award.  :)

Pardon my GAK.

i can't believe you actually used the word "wicked."

and GAK is acceptable when it comes to su.  i don't know why.

at this point i kind of want her to get in more than i want to get in myself.

I think when prefaced with "wicked" the pronunciation of smart changes to "smaht."  Not that either really applies.

And seriously, Stan, you have to want to get in yourself more.  Don't be silly.  You so deserve it more than I do and you know it.

And for the record, my ding hasn't arrived yet, unless my housemates lost it before I got home.  But I feel incredibly guilty for spending all day worried about it anyway, because on the way home I got worse news from my sister, whose cat was just killed.   :'(  :'( 

oh no! i'm sorry su :(  it's been a bad few days for cats in the su family, huh?

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »
oh no! i'm sorry su :(  it's been a bad few days for cats in the su family, huh?

It really has.  I feel so awful for my sister, and her cat, of course.  And the sister of the cat who died, who will probably also be very sad.

So my lesson for the day is that there are more important things than getting into law schools.  I probably could have worked that out on my own anyway, but there we are.   :(

almuhajaba

« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2006, 04:01:28 PM »

It really has.  I feel so awful for my sister, and her cat, of course.  And the sister of the cat who died, who will probably also be very sad.

So my lesson for the day is that there are more important things than getting into law schools.  I probably could have worked that out on my own anyway, but there we are.   :(

Sorry Su...
:( who/what killed your sister's cat?! :( :( :( sad times...