Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2006, 03:46:58 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of more widespread panic among the yale-obsessed, but the dings have started. 

What! You, dinged? Already??

almuhajaba

Re: NHSoL Obsession
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2006, 09:15:37 PM »
:-\

this will only make me agonize about this school even more. 

don't worry Stan, you're too smart to be dinged by NHSoL :)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2006, 07:18:56 AM »
Sorry to be the bearer of more widespread panic among the yale-obsessed, but the dings have started. 

Damn.  I'm sorry.

And I'm sure I'll be joining you next time the mail comes.   :-\

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2006, 07:28:57 AM »
do you guys think yale would consider an app sent in this week (the deadline was feb 1)?

still working on a 250 worder

I think so. It would be disadvantaged but would still be examined. Yale is like that.

« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »
do you guys think yale would consider an app sent in this week (the deadline was feb 1)?

still working on a 250 worder

I think so. It would be disadvantaged but would still be examined. Yale is like that.

ditto

« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2006, 07:46:09 AM »

Damn.  I'm sorry.

Su, you were just talking about this last night, and now they have started...scary!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2006, 07:47:37 AM »

Damn.  I'm sorry.

Su, you were just talking about this last night, and now they have started...scary!

I've been expecting them, since last year they started at the end of January.

asdf1234

• first person to guess the correct city WINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2006, 08:58:14 PM »
Hey alci,

be my admissions counselor.

I just got my last grade back (finally) and I did reasonably well.. my 3.83 is now bumped up to a 3.84 (which is somewhat insignificant, I know).  I am also doing some cool stuff for a club of mine, but nothing fantastic.  (I actually did get a fantastic reseach opportunity but rescinded the award for personal reasons...)

Should I send a nice little letter updating them on my continued interest/grades/clubs, however mundane?  Or maybe not send in the letter but order another LSAC report?  Or maybe both?  Or just not bother?

What's your opinion?

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »
Hm.  I don't think an updated LSAC report would hurt...let them see your good grades.  But a letter probably wouldn't do any good unless you have something to report that is noticeably different from what you've done in the recent past.

« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2006, 11:59:20 PM »
Should I send a nice little letter updating them on my continued interest/grades/clubs, however mundane?  Or maybe not send in the letter but order another LSAC report?  Or maybe both?  Or just not bother?

I'm neither Alci nor an admitted student, but ...

in the interests of time, you might send a transcript directly, as well as through LSAC.  Although they still might want the officially processed and reported version, I'm pretty sure faculty at Yale are capable of looking at the raw grades while LSAC does that (often time-consuming) official processing.

To check this, just call YLS and ask.  I've heard their admissions staff are quite helpful.

Most law schools want to be informed of any grade/status updates of that sort, so you'll definitely want to send new transcripts (via whichever method/s).  Whether you should write the letter describing ECs is less clear.  How long ago did you submit your application?  Have there been any significant changes, or is it the same kind of cool stuff you did before?