Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2006, 11:06:24 AM »
How long have you and your BF been together, Annabel?

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2006, 11:11:27 AM »
How long have you and your BF been together, Annabel?

We celebrated our 3 year anniversary in January  ;D  He's like my best friend; it's scary to think about having to function day-to-day without him...  :(  I really hope we get to go to the same school.

Hybrid Vigor

• prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
I can imagine...I hope you guys have at least the option of being at the same school. But don't forget that you still have to make the best decision for Annabel :)

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
I can imagine...I hope you guys have at least the option of being at the same school. But don't forget that you still have to make the best decision for Annabel :)

Yup! Being a grown-up SUCKS!!! All these decisions   ???

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2006, 11:17:10 AM »
Annabel Lee, just curious: Stanford doesn't tempt you?

Stanford is EXTREMELY tempting, but my long time bf will most likely be on the East Coast and so is my family. I don't know if I can move so far away. And I've heard some not so great things with respect to their financial aid. But I am going to their admit day and I'm doing some more research - so I haven't ruled it out yet.

I totally understand. Check your PMs Annabel.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »
Yeah, that's a big part of it.  After they ding me I can settle down to the task of deciding between NYU and HLS (unless CLS or BU totally change my mind when I visit).

Su,

What so attracts you about NYU? I applied there because of (a) Ronald Dworkin, (b) Thomas Nagel, and (c) the fact that they have the top philosophy graduate program. But since I finally decided against a joint JD/PhD program, I withdrew from NYU when I heard from Harvard and Stanford...

Is it because of New York? If so, then why not Columbia?

(I imagine you have gone over this question before, but I don't really have the inclination to scour through your thousands of posts to find it!)

I'm still attracted to the law school because of those two (Dworkin in particular).  His stuff is absolutely fascinating.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2006, 11:22:08 AM »
Four out of 18 is over 20%.  Not a great chance, but not horrible either. And if there is any school where great writing plus an exceptional LSAT might outweigh a "low" UGPA doesn't Yale want to see itself as that school?
Actually, from the LSD discussions, that sounds liek Harvard. And Yale is the school where great writing plus an exceptional UGPA from anywhere might outweight a low LSAT>

cosigned. see aluhmajuhba (or however you spell it).

bass...horrible attempt at spelling my name!!! hehe :)

I apologize, almuhajaba.  I will work on it.  But you have no worries, YLS class of '09.

eclair

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2006, 11:38:26 AM »

Yup! Being a grown-up SUCKS!!! All these decisions   ???

Yea, thats sort of why im not really looking at stanford either...all my friends and bf will be on the east coast (though my family is on the west coast, haha).  But Im going to the admit day too...have you spoken with the BLSA guy?

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2006, 11:41:54 AM »
Yea, thats sort of why im not really looking at stanford either...all my friends and bf will be on the east coast (though my family is on the west coast, haha).  But Im going to the admit day too...have you spoken with the BLSA guy?

No but I got the email about it, so I'm hoping someone calls soon. I have soooo many questions and there's no Alcibiades/Absy for Stanford on LSD  :(

snikrep

« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2006, 11:42:29 AM »
I get a perverse sense of pleasure seeing all you Yalies who will end up slamming the door in Stanford's face - it's like sweet water on my poor rejected wounds.

So stick it to 'em!! Make me feel better!! :P