Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »
we should all start worshiping curly and hope her awesomeness rubs off on us.

Well, originally, I rubbed off of bloomich. So perhaps that's what everyone should do :P.

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2006, 01:05:16 PM »
we should all start worshiping curly and hope her awesomeness rubs off on us.

Well, originally, I rubbed off of bloomich. So perhaps that's what everyone should do :P.

I'd rather rub off of you than bloomich..nothing against him...but...uhh yeah ;)

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2006, 06:16:25 AM »
tag

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2006, 08:37:16 AM »
it was nice to celebrate MsHSoL for one day.

now back to the NHSoL obsession...  >:(

:D

So if LSN is a good predictor, the first YLS dings will be coming by thin envelope next week.  So that's my cheerful thought of the day.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2006, 08:54:10 AM »
So if LSN is a good predictor, the first YLS dings will be coming by thin envelope next week.  So that's my cheerful thought of the day.

heh, my harvard ding came today, so i've kind of given up on the NHSoL at this point.  :D

and yet i am still here.  this is going to hurt, but i know it's coming.  :(

Oh, damn!  I'm so sorry!  Those fuckers!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2006, 09:04:21 AM »

heh, my harvard ding came today, so i've kind of given up on the NHSoL at this point.  :D

and yet i am still here.  this is going to hurt, but i know it's coming.  :(

Oh, damn!  I'm so sorry!  Those fuckers!

:o

SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

(the tobster is watching....)

btw did you see this?  :D

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,52539.0.html

golden.  :)

I did, and that's amazing.  I bet he'll see it too, because either he'll google himself or a friend of his will google him and then let him know.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2006, 09:10:55 AM »
which is why you should:

1. never let anyone know what your name is on lsd

2. never post something that might give the impression that you're a tool, even if you're aiming to be cheeky. 

;)

Yeah, I agree with that.  Not that I always follow it.   :-\

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2006, 09:17:21 AM »
which is why you should:

1. never let anyone know what your name is on lsd

2. never post something that might give the impression that you're a tool, even if you're aiming to be cheeky. 

;)

Yeah, I agree with that.  Not that I always follow it.   :-\

you've NEVER come off as anything remotely toolish in my opinion.  again, if i were an adcomm, i'd pick you up on the spot based on what i know about you.  i mean come on, i specifically added number 2 for you!  :D

I think sometimes I post things that nobody takes the wrong way because I'm established as at least reasonably nice, but that if someone saw it out of context might not come off so well...  But seriously, if Yale dings me for that, I'd think less of Yale.  Or, actually, I'd assume that they dinged me for actual, legitimate reasons, and would just be a little sad that I'm not cool enough for them.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2006, 09:21:20 AM »
Ok, you can tell I'm obsessed by my double posting.

But anyway, I think it's funny that the number of accepted people at Yale on LSN is actually going down.  21 now from a high of 24.

Not that, y'know, I'm keeping track... (There really needs to be an faux-innocent whistling smiley.)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2006, 09:33:21 AM »
strange that there's not nearly the buzz around megan barnett (that's her name, right?) as there is around toby stock.

I think there are two reasons for that.  a) no blog, b) we know that faculty members do the ratings that make up the bulk of the decisions, and c) for cultural reasons it's a little weirder being obsessed with a woman than being obsessed with a man.  But I think it's more a) than either b) or c).

and i don't think your obsession is all that weird.  if anything it's weird that there aren't MORE obsessed people.

That's my feeling.  I feel like the lone psychotically-obsessed-with-Yale person here.  Which I know can't possibly be true.  On the other hand, I suppose it's possible that I'm the most psychotic, anyway.

I'm hoping it will imbue me with a Pookie-like karmic aura, and get me in.   ;D  'Cause I like living in my own personal fantasy-land...  ::)