Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

almuhajaba

Re: NHSoL Obsession
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »
A rejection in February is a lot less painful than one in May. It may just be me, but I want mine now rather than spend any more time worrying about it.

i'm given to agree.  i want to be able to move on, settle in on nyu or columbia.

Most people would *kill* to go to those schools!!!! Even if NHSoL doesn't work out, you will definitely be pretty well taken care of ;)

almuhajaba

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »
i know; that's why i'm not going to be TOO disappointed (i'm such a liar).  :)

i just want certainty right now.  :D

I totally hear that, that's why I was anticipating my Harvard ding, as bizarre as that sounds! I was actually a little annoyed that they deferred me instead of rejecting me outright and ending my wait. It sounds crazy, I know :D

« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2006, 08:50:33 PM »
i know i haven't expressed my obsession much, but i figured it's about time i officially joined this thread.

exhibit A: an old yale purple jansport bookbag, purchased during my one and only visit to new haven at the age of 9.  i've sewn the bottom up 3 times, replaced the zipper many more.  and i still use it as my daily bookbag (i tried my best to cover up with a sharpie all those embarassing things i wrote on the straps with whiteout in 5th grade..."no doubt rocks!" peace sign...yin yang sign..."beattles"--misspelled just like that--though you can still read them all faintly).

almuhajaba

« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2006, 09:18:03 PM »
i know i haven't expressed my obsession much, but i figured it's about time i officially joined this thread.

exhibit A: an old yale purple jansport bookbag, purchased during my one and only visit to new haven at the age of 9.  i've sewn the bottom up 3 times, replaced the zipper many more.  and i still use it as my daily bookbag (i tried my best to cover up with a sharpie all those embarassing things i wrote on the straps with whiteout in 5th grade..."no doubt rocks!" peace sign...yin yang sign..."beattles"--misspelled just like that--though you can still read them all faintly).

this made me laugh.  :D

al- no, not crazy.  i think it makes perfect sense.  though that just might mean I'M crazy.  :D

well if we're both crazy, then at least I'm in good company (I'm referring to the numerous voices in my head, of course...)  :D :D :D

almuhajaba

« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2006, 05:30:51 AM »
Got my ding today ;D  They have officially reached the west coast!

:( sorry tra...you've got some really great options so don't sweat it too much!

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »

Welcome to the thread.   :D

Sigh.  It's tense on the thread these days...

I very rarely get calls during the workday, because my friends and family all know I'm working, and I almost never get calls from anyone else.  But lately this friend of mine has decided to randomly call and leave me voicemail messages during the day, in spite of knowing full well that I won't pick up.  I feel bad, but every time she leaves a message I get pissed at her for, y'know, not being Yale.

I really need to just get my ding and get over it.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2006, 09:51:01 AM »
Welcome to the thread.   :D

Sigh.  It's tense on the thread these days...

I very rarely get calls during the workday, because my friends and family all know I'm working, and I almost never get calls from anyone else.  But lately this friend of mine has decided to randomly call and leave me voicemail messages during the day, in spite of knowing full well that I won't pick up.  I feel bad, but every time she leaves a message I get pissed at her for, y'know, not being Yale.

I really need to just get my ding and get over it.

LOL. If I had your phone number, I might start randomly calling you from the 203 area code and leaving voice mail :)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2006, 10:11:14 AM »
LOL. If I had your phone number, I might start randomly calling you from the 203 area code and leaving voice mail :)

In that case, I'm glad you don't have my phone number.  That would do very, very bad things to my blood pressure.

« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2006, 10:20:24 AM »

In that case, I'm glad you don't have my phone number.  That would do very, very bad things to my blood pressure.

Su, you could always do the same, calling people from the 617 area code and making their blood pressure go up!  :D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »

Su, you could always do the same, calling people from the 617 area code and making their blood pressure go up!  :D

Only if I used my work phone.  My cell is still an 802, and I don't have a landline at home.