Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 10:29:02 AM »
Give them a call.  When I spoke to the office, they were super nice.

thanks, lovelove. i just needed a little prodding in one direction or another; alas, a phone call to new haven may as well have been a phone call to a stone wall, since i got about as much info as i would have if i called one.

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »
Heck, why not...

I'll obsess over Yale with you guys too  ;D

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 10:43:41 AM »
Corky:
My numbers aren't that high--especially my 3.75. Don't count yourself out. Do you have any soft factors/diversity elements going for you? After reading all the "Teen Jeopardy Champion" and "Rhodes Scholar" stuff on the website, I thought my soft factors were pretty weak, but it worked out.
And my 250 was pretty good but not great.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. My soft factors are...umm...I'm a science grad student, a massive ORM, and my diversity statement was about being an immigrant. My 250 was neutral, I think my PS and diversity statement were decently written. At this point I'm just praying :).

Your GPA is very good, which is a big plus for you.  So far anyway, Yale seems much more willing to take super-high GPA/highish LSAT than highish GPA/super-high LSAT.

dw05

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »
Your GPA is very good, which is a big plus for you.  So far anyway, Yale seems much more willing to take super-high GPA/highish LSAT than highish GPA/super-high LSAT.

I 100% agree, Su, which is a big reason why I feel like I'm a very long shot there.  My 3.7ish gpa just looks so sad to me when I look at the borderline super-human stats of the current admits.  At the same time, I think there's a good chance you'll be accepted there with a nearly identical gpa, so maybe all this yale obsessing has just turned me into the kind of super-insecure worrier that usually annoys me.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »
On the off chance I get in, I'd happily agree to buying all LSD admits a drink.  Several drinks.  And I'd make you all creme brule/chocolate cake/vegan cookies.  And knit everyone accessories appropriate to the New Haven winter.  That's how happy I'd be.   :D

*raises hand*
Won't those of us who aren't getting in need the drink and baked goods more?

It's not that I disagree with that logic, it's just that the logistics would be much trickier.

I will bring cookies to any future LSD meetups, if that helps.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »
On the off chance I get in, I'd happily agree to buying all LSD admits a drink.  Several drinks.  And I'd make you all creme brule/chocolate cake/vegan cookies.  And knit everyone accessories appropriate to the New Haven winter.  That's how happy I'd be.   :D

*raises hand*

It's not that I disagree with that logic, it's just that the logistics would be much trickier.

im holding you to that, su.  :)

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 03:49:59 PM »

*raises hand*

im holding you to that, su.  :)

I've already promised that, whether I get into yale or not.

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 04:00:35 PM »
Hmmmm, this is quickly morphing into cookie obsession...

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 04:11:23 PM »
Hmmmm, this is quickly morphing into cookie obsession...

Cookies may be less healthy than Yale, but they're far more atainable.  In fact, I have a box of girl scout cookies next to me right now.  Mmmmm... Thin Mints.

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 04:27:13 PM »
Mmmm...thin mints. I'm hungry.