Law School Discussion

Yale Obsession

jg983

Re: Yale Obsession
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 01:42:26 AM »
Every one of the regular and semi-regular posters on this thread will get in. For every such poster that does not get in, I will buy a drink for all acceptees on this thread at admit day. I'm just that confident.

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 04:33:43 AM »
Not that it'll help, but I'm willing to withdrawal my application for the benefit of the group if one of you hands over a Harvard acceptance.  ;)

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 08:45:50 AM »
Here's my brand of Yale obsession, which i'm hoping somebody has a strong opinion on, since i'm not whether or not to have one:

i applied in the first handful of days in november, my lsdas report was requested shortly thereafter. nearly 10 weeks later (ie., today), i have no complete notice gracing my inbox. i e-mailed the office lsat (whoa, freud would have a field day with that slip; i'll leave it) week, but haven't heard a peep.

now what?

do i call? is that annoying? or do i just sit back and secretly, rather than overtly, obsess?

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 08:51:01 AM »
Give them a call.  When I spoke to the office, they were super nice.

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 09:08:02 AM »
Every one of the regular and semi-regular posters on this thread will get in. For every such poster that does not get in, I will buy a drink for all acceptees on this thread at admit day. I'm just that confident.

I'll hold you to that :).

badmammajamma

• I drew this on the Microsoft Paint. Sweet, huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 09:23:02 AM »
Corky:
My numbers aren't that high--especially my 3.75. Don't count yourself out. Do you have any soft factors/diversity elements going for you? After reading all the "Teen Jeopardy Champion" and "Rhodes Scholar" stuff on the website, I thought my soft factors were pretty weak, but it worked out.
And my 250 was pretty good but not great.

elc

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »
They read the whole thing, in whatever order they wish.

cool. thanks.  that makes me feel a little better (however irrationally).

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 10:01:32 AM »

It could be confidence, or it could be a complete lack of confidence.  If no one on this thread gets in, you won't have to buy drinks for anyone.   ;)

JSIA.

On the off chance I get in, I'd happily agree to buying all LSD admits a drink.  Several drinks.  And I'd make you all creme brule/chocolate cake/vegan cookies.  And knit everyone accessories appropriate to the New Haven winter.  That's how happy I'd be.   :D

elc

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 10:16:47 AM »
Well, this is sort of off topic, but it is about Yale at least ....

First LSDAS report sent to Yale 12/07, report with final LOR sent 12/16.  Check for application fee sent with signature page 12/04. 

Today, paying bills, notice check to Yale (unlike other schools) has not been cashed.  Have heard nothing from Yale, but haven't really expected to, others on LSN who sent app about the same time aren't reporting complete either.  But strange they are the only ones who haven't cashed the check.  Obviously they don't need the money as bad as some!  Anyone else with similar dates? Or, more worrying, anyone have their checks cashed right away?

Maybe this is their way of saying "keep your money, don't call us, we won't call you...."

my LSDAS report was sent 12/5.  i got an email saying it had been received the very next day, but still no "complete."  (i paid the fee online, so i can't help with the check thing...but it doesn't sound like cause for concern.)  waiting, waiting...

corky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 10:25:31 AM »
Corky:
My numbers aren't that high--especially my 3.75. Don't count yourself out. Do you have any soft factors/diversity elements going for you? After reading all the "Teen Jeopardy Champion" and "Rhodes Scholar" stuff on the website, I thought my soft factors were pretty weak, but it worked out.
And my 250 was pretty good but not great.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. My soft factors are...umm...I'm a science grad student, a massive ORM, and my diversity statement was about being an immigrant. My 250 was neutral, I think my PS and diversity statement were decently written. At this point I'm just praying :).