No
1 (20%)
Forget Law school
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

New York Law School?

New York Law School?
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:06:04 PM »
So I took the June LSAT and got a 160- the same score as the very first practice exam I took despite about 2 weeks of cramming before the test. 

I was very upset for a long time after I received my score since I was expecting a score of atleast in the 164-167 range (the range of the scores of the last 6-7 practice exams I took). I'm taking it again in October.

Anyway, I just received an e-mail from New York Law School saying that they have reserved seats in this fall's class for candidates who don't want to wait a year.  They say that from the information they obtained from my profile on LSAC, I will likely be offered admission.  They even say that I'll probably receive merit scholarship which starts at $10,000 for the full time program which is given based on GPA and LSAT.

They're waiving the application fee and the letter of recommendation requirement, so there is nothing to lose to apply.  But assuming that I get in, what are the chances of transferring to a top 10 school after the first year?  I have no desire to graduate from New York Law School, but this is an opportunity for me to start law school a year early, and possibly free money.

What do you guys think?  Should I even bother?

My stats are:
2.97 overall GPA (BS Computer Engineering/BA Management Engineering) from an Ivy; June LSAT 160 although I'm aiming for 168+ in October; passed the Patent Bar about a year ago and I have been working at law firms since graduation 2 years ago; worked about 20-30 hours/week during college