Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: *NEW* MLB (Baseball Is The Best Sport Ever) Thread  (Read 37581 times)

jorge

Re: *NEW* MLB (Baseball Is The Best Sport Ever) Thread
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2006, 12:05:22 PM »
For the record, I believe Farnsworth has tackled two people in his major league career in two separate incidents. Hence the confusion.

krumanadi

« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »
Well A.J. is the type of guy you love to have on your team, and hate if he palys for the other team....

Absolutely..

krumanadi

« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2006, 12:10:49 PM »
For the record, I believe Farnsworth has tackled two people in his major league career in two separate incidents. Hence the confusion.

That is too funny.. Farnsworth is the man.. ;)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 22, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
And the Nolan Ryan-Ventura fight was unbeatable.. Best thing I've ever seen!.. ;)

I think it hardly constituted a fight: Ventura ran up to Ryan and practically buried his head in Ryan's bosom.  :D
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 22, 2006, 12:37:02 PM »
I will never forget that old NYY Coach, I belive it was Zimmer, going down swinging against the Red Sox..

Slow Blues

« Reply #545 on: May 22, 2006, 01:00:47 PM »
I will never forget that old NYY Coach, I belive it was Zimmer, going down swinging against the Red Sox..

Yep, Pedro grabbed that watermelon head of his and threw that man down on the ground. Pedro didn't have to do that. The man was about 97 years old.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 22, 2006, 01:07:53 PM »
ahhh zimmer...lol they had zim bobble heads here in tampa
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 22, 2006, 03:29:22 PM »

Seconded, I don't know anything about an Affeldt (Jeremy Affeldt?) fight, but I can't get the image of Sean Casey staggering back to the dugout bloodied out of my head.  Farnsworth was a Cub and Casey was a Red, I'm pretty sure it was '04.  And Casey's not a little guy either.

EDIT:  I'm wrong, Sean Casey was not involved in the fight I'm think of.  And it was '03.  http://www.cincypost.com/2003/06/20/reds06-20-2003.html  Here's the link.  It was pitcher Paul Wilson.  Kinda looks like Casey though... :-[  But the conclusion that you don't mess with Kyle Farnsworth remains true, despite the false premises.

verb
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

krumanadi

« Reply #548 on: May 22, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »

Seconded, I don't know anything about an Affeldt (Jeremy Affeldt?) fight, but I can't get the image of Sean Casey staggering back to the dugout bloodied out of my head.  Farnsworth was a Cub and Casey was a Red, I'm pretty sure it was '04.  And Casey's not a little guy either.

EDIT:  I'm wrong, Sean Casey was not involved in the fight I'm think of.  And it was '03.  http://www.cincypost.com/2003/06/20/reds06-20-2003.html  Here's the link.  It was pitcher Paul Wilson.  Kinda looks like Casey though... :-[  But the conclusion that you don't mess with Kyle Farnsworth remains true, despite the false premises.

verb

"Wilson, who had to lean backward to avoid being clipped by the pitch, took a few steps out of the batter's box and glared at Farnsworth. They jawed at each other, each taking cautious steps toward the other. Finally when they were separated by only about three feet, they tangled. Wilson swung at Farnsworth, who grabbed Wilson low and body-slammed him to the ground. "

Yeah.. I wouldnt mess with that guy.

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 22, 2006, 06:01:03 PM »
Found it: