Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: *NEW* MLB (Baseball Is The Best Sport Ever) Thread  (Read 36071 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW* MLB (Baseball Is The Best Sport Ever) Thread
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2006, 11:23:43 AM »
 ;)
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Slow Blues

« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »
RE: Bonds hit by pitch.

I give a standing ovation to the crowd in Houston as well....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260516118

Completely classless. Whether you like a guy or not, you never ever cheer for someone getting hit or hurt. That's feminine hygiene product behavior. It's a f-ing game, it's not that serious.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2006, 11:27:37 AM »
i agree...i would never cheer for someone getting hurt/hit.  even arod!

that NY sports writer that suggest RJ hit Ortiz is a scum. 

when clement got nailed in the head with the crawford line drive at the rays game these guys behind us started making fun of him...whew did my dad flip out on them. 

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2006, 12:05:49 PM »
Clearly no person is bigger than the game, however in my opinion B Bonds thinks he is bigger than the game (he has been quoted that the last time he played ball was in college, now its all business, which I take to mean that its necessary for him to maximize his statistics at any cost, and that I think is disrespectful of the game. Moreover, being hit by a pitch has been part of the game for a long time, and will always be....

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2006, 12:15:26 PM »
i didn't say it wasnt part of the game...I just dont think you should cheer when someone gets hit or hurt regardless of who they are....IMO. 

Slow Blues

« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2006, 01:12:01 PM »
i didn't say it wasnt part of the game...I just dont think you should cheer when someone gets hit or hurt regardless of who they are....IMO. 

This is the only credited response. I wouldn't cheer even if Pete Rose got hit, and I wouldn't, as a Yankee fan, cheer if Ortiz or Varitek got hit, even if they weren't hurt. It's just crass.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »
I hope Pujols breaks the single season record this season.  I know it's way too early to think about it, but it would be so just for the season Bonds passes the Babe to have his big record taken away by a guy who, by all accounts, is his polar opposite, personality wise.  Obviously, I'm a Cards fan so I want this for other reasons too, but it's hard not to respect a guy like Pujols.
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2006, 05:25:53 PM »
God, that would be awesome. 

Let's form the ACFUBTHBBC (Astros and Cards Fans United By Their Hatred of Barry Bonds Club).

EDIT:  You are a Stros fan right?
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2006, 05:29:04 PM »
Either way, I'll draft a charter tonight... ;D 

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 18, 2006, 04:50:36 PM »
I don't know, I bet Meg Ryan can throw some gas