Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can I attach any document?  (Read 267 times)

cwctz8

• View Profile
Can I attach any document?
« on: January 07, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »
There are quite a few schools that ask you to attach a document regarding extracurriculars and honors.  If a different school doesn't ask for that, is it bad to attach it anyway?  I think mine is good and I want to attach it to all my apps, but if it will make them mad, I won't do it.  Thanks for any help....

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can I attach any document?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 01:10:35 AM »
If you truly think that it adds to your app then it can't hurt. But if it is fairly weak then do not attach it to schools that don't ask for it.

cwctz8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:28:30 AM »
A couple of them say things like "Applicants with extensive experiences may wish to elaborate on a seperate attachment" and another says "Please include any extensive extracurricular activities. You may also wish to submit a resume."  Others are, like you said, basically inferring that you should just submit a resume, and these are the apps I have questions about because my resume doesn't necessarily go into detail about extracurriculars, but more about work experience and other skills. 

I guess it can't hurt if it's well written...

Thanks for the comments.

cwctz8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 02:08:01 AM »
Ignoring what 2 page rule?  I thought it was standard for a resume to a ONE page if you're not a middle-aged manager!  Maybe that's not what you're talking about, but please advise on how long a "law school resume" should be.  I am planning on cramming as much as I can into one page.

cwctz8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 02:13:10 AM »
Ignoring what 2 page rule?  I thought it was standard for a resume to a ONE page if you're not a middle-aged manager!  Maybe that's not what you're talking about, but please advise on how long a "law school resume" should be.  I am planning on cramming as much as I can into one page.

Sorry, I did mean ignoring the one-page rule.  I wouldn't break 2 pages, but I think it's impossible for a law school resume to be meaningful and still be only a page.  Even the examples in the back of the Ivey Guide would be over a page. 

There's the answer I set out to get.  Instead of elaborating on an extra sheet, I'll just extend my resume.  Thanks for your help, Vapid.