Law School Discussion

Regent Law

Regent Law
« on: December 10, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »
Will someone tell Regent Law that I'm an atheist and they should quit sending me solicitations to apply?

nmprisons

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Regent Law
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 01:00:28 PM »
I, too, have gotten more than a few mailings from them and something from liberty as well.  To be blunt, I don't believe that an institution that puts "god's law" on par with the laws of our nation should be taken seriously.  I sent Regent a letter asking them to take me off their mailing list.  Since I mailed it, I have received another letter from them.  I think they are just messing with me.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 01:04:33 PM »
Maybe I could get a diversity scholarship there.....

sck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 01:26:09 PM »
You might be unhappy with it...

A friend of mine is getting her MFA there and while she's a Christian, she's not THAT much of a Christian. She's mostly there because she got a ton of money from them and they have a decent program. However, her hippy liberal Austin self doesn't really fit in :)

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 11:23:26 PM »
Liberty and Regent are scary!  I've started getting copies of "Christian Leader"...

A friend of mine is in Liberty's program and they told her IN CLASS she was going to hell for not condeming homophobia.  She started crying and the prof. told her to deal with it.

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 03:47:20 AM »
i havent gotten *&^% from liberty because i specified that i dont want anything from provisionally accredited schools, but regent is basically forcing themselves on me. its like date rape through the USPS. Hey regent, I dont like you, I dont want to go to some wack neocon evangelical bull school in VA beach, I could do without the almost daily mailings. Thanks for the fee waiver, that is really tempting me......hmmm, john ashcroft speaking, sweet. OH HOLD ON, a BLACK TABBY JUST CROSSED MY PATH! I'm headin' straight down to hang with hitler and beezlebub.

Oh my god and I finally figured out how to put a stop to the email from cooley and quinnipiac. That was awesome. I almost applied there, except they arent even the best schools in their General area. I mean cooley isnt even the best school in LANSING, MICHIGAN. See you in august, guys.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:49:42 AM »
So Regent must be hard up. They sent me another 2 brochures and letters in the mail!  Still no fee waiver.