Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSD PS Bank  (Read 5003 times)

ruskiegirl

LSD PS Bank
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:49:29 PM »
I am not sure how many people would be willing to participate, but here's the idea:

We could start a personal statement bank for LSD users, so that newbies who are entering the admissions process can read statements of folks who have already been admitted.  We could make it anonymous, or organize it by schools to which the applicant has been accepted. 

Thoughts?

Ginatio

Re: LSD PS Bank
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:05:10 PM »
i dunno... most personal statements are just that... personal... right? :-/

i'd be willing to put mine up anonymously, but after we've divulged info. about each other on the board, i don't think it'd be too difficult to find out which ps belongs to who...

dta

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 06:15:13 PM »
I dunno. Sounds like a bad idea to me. If i got into UT and then provide my PS a whole lot of identical PS's might start showing up at UT the next year. Then UT adcom might come asking me "did you really write that PS yourself? we've got tons of PS's just like it now".

I'd not want to go through that.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 06:16:28 PM »
As much as I feel like I would benefit from others posting their statements, I wouldn't ask anyone to do so, since posting your PS does pose a risk that someone will copy.

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 06:31:27 PM »
its only a risk to those who have yet to be admitted.

As much as I feel like I would benefit from others posting their statements, I wouldn't ask anyone to do so, since posting your PS does pose a risk that someone will copy.

The Name's Dali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 06:39:05 PM »
That's a good point.  I think anyone who copies a PS doesn't deserve to go to law school in the first place and most definitely isn't law school material.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 08:21:22 PM »
Because mine was a run-down of my life story, I really don't run the risk of someone taking my statement.  I mean, how many people can prove that they were born in Leningrad, speak fluent Russian, went to high school in rural Tennesee and got a degree in College Schoalrs with an Emphasis in Society and Law?

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
edit
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 12:35:47 PM »
edit

dta

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 01:54:25 PM »
Any software developer with experience managing other software developers could completely rip off my PS. Similiarly, I doubt many people's PS's are on such uniquely verifiable topics as ruskiegirl's. Sharing your PS is just asking for someone with a similiar situation to your own to completely rip your PS off. Though it seems like that could only hurt those who come after you, it could come back to hurt you as well as the adcoms may begin to doubt the veracity of your application and conduct an investigation after you've already been admitted and attended classes for a year.

But by all means do it - i'd be interested in reading others' PS's.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
edit
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 02:27:35 PM »
edit