Law School Discussion

which of these are "national" schools?

Ego

Re: which of these are "national" schools?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 05:14:16 PM »
Chris? 

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 05:15:05 PM »

Ego

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 05:17:04 PM »

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 05:57:06 PM »
I wasn't until recently...I've been converted. 

There is no way in hell Vanderbilt has a national law school pedigree.  I agree that UCLA & Texas are arguable though.  Maybe even ND because of the Catholic network.

yeah the ND catholic thing is strong...scalia usually takes a clerk from there too.

i would say t14 are national (even as some are regional by self-selection ie NYU)
and the rest depends on your placement to a certain degree

and on xoxo, harvard and yale are the only national schools.  the rest of us have been pwned.

Ego

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »

There is no way in hell Vanderbilt has a national law school pedigree.  I agree that UCLA & Texas are arguable though.  Maybe even ND because of the Catholic network.

yeah the ND catholic thing is strong...scalia usually takes a clerk from there too.

i would say t14 are national (even as some are regional by self-selection ie NYU)

and on xoxo, harvard and yale are the only national schools.  the rest of us have been pwned.

While there are a fair amount of HYS or T5 trolls on xo, most of the posters are pretty reasonable.  They are prestige whores, but reasonable. 

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2006, 06:06:02 PM »

While there are a fair amount of HYS or T5 trolls on xo, most of the posters are pretty reasonable.  They are prestige whores, but reasonable. 

oh i know, i was just kidding dood

Ego

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2006, 06:09:33 PM »

oh i know, i was just kidding dood

Okay cool, I see myself as an ambassador of sorts.  I think both boards have something to offer and neither fit the sterotype expressed on the opposite board.

By the way, I love your beer sig.   

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »
Okay cool, I see myself as an ambassador of sorts.  I think both boards have something to offer and neither fit the sterotype expressed on the opposite board.

By the way, I love your beer sig.   

yeah no prob man, i post there too.  and as for the sig, i like good beer, i like law schools letting me in, it all works out

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »
The T14, texas and ND are national.  Pretty much everybody else is regional.  UCLA may travel, but it still looses out to the best law school in the state for any of the major legal markets, and a lot of the next set as well.