Law School Discussion

which of these are "national" schools?

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
Re: which of these are "national" schools?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »
If you want to end up in the Boston area you're better off with Northeastern, BU and BC.  I'd even say Suffolk as well...
like i said, i want to end up back in boston...though if i fall in love with another place over 3 years (which i'm very skeptical of) then fine. 
if you want to live in boston, go to school in the NE. 'nuff said. The whole idea of go to the highest ranked school that accepts you is thrown out hte window if you have a specific region in mind. Reread: go to the highest ranked school that accepts you in the region you want to live in after you graduate. for you, it might be northeastern or something like Cardozo (that may be a reach though).

Listen to these guys... they're both correct

Ego

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »
I'd go to Suffolk or Northeastern over any of those schools for a job in Boston/Northeast.  In my opinion, none of these will do too well in the Northeast.  You would have to get a job either through networking and/or sending out hundreds of resumes probably both 2L and 3L years. 

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »
None of them are National.

Indiana probebally has the biggest market just because it has indy and Chicago, and while I do not know I imagine it travels into KY and Ohio ok.

I don't know about Ohio, but there are a large number of IU-B alums in KY

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42:05 AM »
my safety is western new england.  do you all really think i'd be better off going there than any of the out of state schools?  northeastern is a target for me, but let's go with a "what if" scenario. 

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 10:45:16 AM »
If you want to be in new england, I would say yes, Western New Eng is your better choice. That is just my opinion, though, dear

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »
Why aren't you applying to Suffolk?

Ego

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »
If you want to end up in Massachussets, then I'd say go there (if not a slightly better school in Mass) and do your best.  Leaving the state for a better reputation might be a smart move in some cases, but I think yours is not one of those. 

The Boston legal market is a really tight market by the way.  It's large, but smaller than NYC, so it is tougher to get a job there. 

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 10:53:58 AM »
Why aren't you applying to Suffolk?

suffolk refuses to even look at applications that are missing transcripts.  i have a financial obligation with the first ug school i went to, and i'm working on having them send it, since im on a payment plan and will be all paid up within the next two months, but until i'm sure it can be sent on time, i'm not applying to suffolk.  i applied to law schools last year and because of a problem with a lor my apps got in very very very late, went complete after the deadlines, and some of my apps were closed.  reapplying this year, everything is done early, but suffolk still leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.  probably because of the phone call i got from them saying that they refused to look at my application...when i told them that the other schools i had applied to didn't have a problem (bc, bu, harvard even) the woman said "well suffolk law has a very thorough application process and we have very high standards..."  um...i didn't know lower tier schools had that kind of snobby attitude

Ego

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 11:18:35 AM »
They have Baff, they can be snobby.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »
Baff? ???