which of these are "national" schools?

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
which of these are "national" schools?
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:40:30 PM »
Ok, here are schools i'm applying to that are out of state... just wondering what you guys think about these schools on a national level?  I'm from the boston area, so my top choices are here, definitely, but of my other schools, which would give me the best shot of finding a job back home? 

Indiana Bloomington
Florida State University
University of Arizona
Arizona State
Case Western

Would any of these make it really uberhard to get a job elsewhere? 

Re: which of these are "national" schools?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 09:06:55 PM »
All of them would make it really hard to get a job outside the state.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 09:13:28 PM »
All of them would make it really hard to get a job outside the state.

That's not true at all.  Many IUB and Case Western grads leave the state.  Both schools are mainly regional, however.  I don't think any on that list are national.

practiceboy02

• Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 09:31:04 PM »
Agreed... none of the schools on that list are national

john83

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 10:59:40 PM »
i'd say indiana-bloomington, case, and arizona are going to be your best shot at a job outside the region.

although, everyone's already said they aren't national. so, if you went to any one of those schools i'd recommend you finish very very highly ranked. then you can travel better.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 11:50:55 PM »
You say national and you are applying all over the nation but you do you have any preference to NE, SE, SE or SW (yes they are very general but would help greatly in this discussion).

cassise

• To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 11:52:40 PM »
None of them are National.

Indiana probebally has the biggest market just because it has indy and Chicago, and while I do not know I imagine it travels into KY and Ohio ok.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 11:59:17 PM »
like i said, i want to end up back in boston...though if i fall in love with another place over 3 years (which i'm very skeptical of) then fine. 

thescreed

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »
About 2/3 of Arizona grads stay in Arizona, but if you finish high in the class you can land a decent job in LA or San Diego. Throw in Phoenix and you have some pretty good job potential from a well-respected regional school.

That said, I think a degree from Arizona is a far, far better deal for in-state students. I'm not sure I would go if I was out of state -- I think about 70% of students are in-state.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 08:54:05 AM »
like i said, i want to end up back in boston...though if i fall in love with another place over 3 years (which i'm very skeptical of) then fine. 
if you want to live in boston, go to school in the NE. 'nuff said. The whole idea of go to the highest ranked school that accepts you is thrown out hte window if you have a specific region in mind. Reread: go to the highest ranked school that accepts you in the region you want to live in after you graduate. for you, it might be northeastern or something like Cardozo (that may be a reach though).