Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Admissions Lore- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!  (Read 13961 times)

SCgrad

Re: Admissions Lore- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 05:22:48 AM »
My average of my two is dead on.

*sigh*

I so wish it was math and not verbal  >:( >:( >:(

skaiserbrown

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 05:25:03 AM »
i was a bit, but not much, higher than my verbal SAT score.

misery

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 02:39:30 PM »
You'd think a straight correlation couldn't be drawn from verbal sats to lsats.  Being 99%tile amongst high school graduates (700+ verbal SAT) is much easier than being 99%tile amongst college graduates (170+ LSAT.) 

Ego

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 02:49:03 PM »
I think it might reflect something about your potential.  If you become as familiar with the lsat skills as you already are with verbal sat skills, then the correlation is probably incredible.  I heard this too.  I took the sat's twice, once hungover and stoned, which would indicate a 165 score, the other was sober and serious, 176 indication.  Well, I made the same mistake of taking the lsat like I took my first sat, 166.  Now I'm retaking and I know I have the potential to do better...we'll se February 4th.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »
Doesn't add up for me either. I had a 740V and a 161. Although the only section that gave me significant problems on the LSAT was games. And I choked on the lsat, which I don't remember happening on the SAT.

Ego

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 08:25:49 PM »
Just needed to add, my worst section was reading comp, wtf? 

r.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 09:05:37 PM »

Me too, and I was an English major. Supposedly.
Byron's Don Juan:  Booker T. Washington Elementary School
Milton's Paradise Lost: Middle School

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 09:11:37 PM »
wow thats f-in scary thast EXACTLY The same for me (660 verbal- 166 on LSAT) oh how i wish i twas math...much better on that part than verbal

howeveri think this is a really stupid way of measuring things..b/c there are so many peopel that do better on the SATs than the LSAT...and i thought the verbal SATs measured too much vocab and not enough thought in my opinon (i hated those damn analogies!)
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Ego

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 09:13:21 PM »

Me too, and I was an English major. Supposedly.

I am an English major too.  Weird.  I see too much room for interpretation in the answers I think.  I'll blame that. 

misery

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 12:13:08 PM »
wow thats f-in scary thast EXACTLY The same for me (660 verbal- 166 on LSAT) oh how i wish i twas math...much better on that part than verbal

howeveri think this is a really stupid way of measuring things..b/c there are so many peopel that do better on the SATs than the LSAT...and i thought the verbal SATs measured too much vocab and not enough thought in my opinon (i hated those damn analogies!)

It seems like this correlation does occur, at least on this board.  Perhaps this can be explained by a couple generalizations specific to this board.  One, people on this board obviously care about the lsat more than the average lsat taker.  Two, there's a lot of mention of people on this board NOT caring about the sat, ie, taking it drunk/sleepy/ whatever.  BTW does anyone know what percentage of students take a lsat prep class?