Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools in WA State?  (Read 2101 times)

msgrace

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Law Schools in WA State?
« on: December 08, 2003, 01:21:50 AM »
Does anyone have any info on law schools in WA State? Which are best... difficulty level getting into them. I'm especially interested in UW school of law. Does anyone have the skinny on this school? Thanks in advance :)  

BrieGersh

• View Profile
Re: Law Schools in WA State?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 03:31:41 PM »
I know you posted a long time ago, but I thought I would respond. Law schools in WA: University of Washington, Seattle University, and Gonzaga University. I am a Gonzaga grad and I will tell you that GU's law school has slipped in the rankings. Grads are barely passing the bar and if they do pass, they aren't finding jobs. My suggestion: stay on the west side for law school. Seattle U. is expensive. UW is the best school in the state, but really tough to get into. Good Luck
- Brie

sagemenscircle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 07:22:10 PM »
If you are interested in law school, you need to buy the US News and World Report annual guide to grad schools and, more importantly, the book put out by LSAC.org that can be purchased on the web.
Rankings:
UofW- normally rated around 25-30 (Tier 1) but dropped recently to 49, basically because of an error. Very, very competitive to get in.
Seattle U- expensive and private. Barely, barely gets into Tier 2, rated something like 98.
Gonzaga- private, expensive, but with good scholarships, etc. Rated 4 tier (bottom 40 out of 183.
Have you considered Oregon? Lewis and Clark is top of tier 2 and the 2nd best school in Pacific NW.
I recommend you do your research. Check out LSAC's website, buy "Law School Insider" and other similar books. Talk to local lawyers. Talk to your career counselor, etc.
"Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae"
Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
Appius Claudius

Elwayis#1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 08:41:47 PM »
Seattle U may be barely 2nd tier, but it's improving rapidly; just a couple years ago it was only 4th tier (I think).  If you opt to attend, you'll likely be graduating from a school with a very solid reputation, as its reputation will only get better over the next 3 yrs.  My undergrad university was in Western Washington.  Hope you like the rain and hate blue skies.  Seattle has one of the highest suicide rates in the world; it really is very depressing if you're not used to it.