Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances? 157/2.74  (Read 451 times)

jvan2619

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Chances? 157/2.74
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:49:21 AM »
Ok...before you say I should retake my LSAT or take more courses, here is the situation.

2.74 engineering degree from #4 engineering school.  Masters in project management from GW.

Took the LSAT twice...once when I graduated in 2001 - got a 157, but didn't study.  Took it again this December and found out that my current job has made me dumber...I studied this time and got THE SAME SCORE.  That's right!  I am officially dumber than before since I studied this time.

Soft factors - parent, five years of great work experience, while working full time started a franchising business with my husband (past three years), and very strong LORs.

Here is my list.  Thoughts????

-  St. Thomas (Minn.) - #1 choice
-  Hamline
-  William Mitchell
-  Mercer (accepted in '01)
-  Georgia State (accepted in '01)
-  Stetson
-  Northern Illinois
-  Loyola (Chicago)
-  Michigan State
-  Penn State
-  U of Richmond

Accepted already at Florida Coastal and Barry U with $$$.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on these or any other schools near large cities (hubby has to be able to find a job there!).

jvan2619

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances? 157/2.74
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:06:41 PM »
No, that is a great question!

The first time I took it cold.  The second time, I actually studied for it so I figure that I have actually gotten dumber and the studying just took me up to where I was five years ago. 

kruddler

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lubbock.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:04:15 PM »
jvan, the size of the pool of test-takers has increased dramatically since 2001, and the test has had to get harder to compensate. You're probably smarter, but the scale is tougher.
GPA: Ha! LSAT: Meh
Attending Texas Tech fall '06

jvan2619

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 02:06:18 PM »
Thanks Kruddler :)  That does make me feel a little bit better...I guess the good news is that I was one question away from doing WORSE!

Have a great weekend-

Sharpette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
You have a fellow sista in me -- the SAME exact thing happened to me.

Only my first attempt at the LSAT was in 1997, when I was just about to get married and in my panic not-sure-what-to-do-with-my-life-maybe-should-go-to-law-school phase. I studied for a month, took the test with my brother, sat two seats apart from him at the test center, and guess what? we got the same score!!

This time I studied for three months, and got the same score as I did in '97!!! gah! All i can say is, at least I'm consistent!

hope that helps and I can serve as a cyber-shoulder for you to cry on :)

jvan2619

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 07:02:48 AM »
Thanks Sharpette!  You are 100% correct!  At least we can say we are consistent.

Best of luck on the apps - I guess we will never have to worry about whether or not schools will be averaging our scores or not :)