Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Western  (Read 5763 times)

Applicant1693

• View Profile
Re: Case Western
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 10:35:56 AM »
1)In at Case...waiting for $$$.  (Anyone want to give me odds on some serious $$$?)

2)I'll take a little issue with one point of the previous poster's Cleveland review.  The Public Transportation isn't great, but I don't think it's as bad as the previous poster implied. 
to William and Mary I go...gladly.

AmericanConsumer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 02:42:37 AM »
1)In at Case...waiting for $$$.  (Anyone want to give me odds on some serious $$$?)

2)I'll take a little issue with one point of the previous poster's Cleveland review.  The Public Transportation isn't great, but I don't think it's as bad as the previous poster implied. 

1) You should get serious money.  I knew someone who was 2.9, 172 and was paying about $8k a year in tuition.

2) I stand by my statements re: Cleveland's public transit system.  Ride the bus from Tower City to University Circle at midnight on a Friday.  It's crappy.  They also have a nasty habit of changing the schedule and not announcing it.  You find out about it after the bus shows up 45 minutes late. 

Applicant1693

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »
No one should ride the bus from tower city to University Circle.

That's what the Rapid is for.
to William and Mary I go...gladly.

ladylazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 02:36:52 PM »
In today via email!  Made me happy too, since there's no mail today.  Postal holidays stink.

It's the first school I've gotten into that I might actually consider if they throw money at me. :)  I'd have to visit Cleveland, though, I've never been there.  Only been to Ohio once, to go to Cedar Point, flew into Akron though...

Anyway, am still hoping for a T20, but I wouldn't be unhappy if I ended up somewhere like Case.  (Though I admit, the thought of living in another city without good public transportation makes me kind of sad.)

CamJansen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »
I was accepted as well! I'm pretty stoked, though I've never been to Cleveland.
I think I'll visit sometime this Spring. Anybody know when their Open House is going to be? Looking forward to getting that info packet any day now.
Word.

rajkp

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »
I got into CW last week via email (and then this week, via snail mail).

My friends there say the campus is beautiful, though they won't talk about the law school building...

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 07:54:43 PM »
In today via email!  Made me happy too, since there's no mail today.  Postal holidays stink.

It's the first school I've gotten into that I might actually consider if they throw money at me. :)  I'd have to visit Cleveland, though, I've never been there.  Only been to Ohio once, to go to Cedar Point, flew into Akron though...

Anyway, am still hoping for a T20, but I wouldn't be unhappy if I ended up somewhere like Case.  (Though I admit, the thought of living in another city without good public transportation makes me kind of sad.)

I'm also going to disagree with the above poster's opinion on public transportation.  As someone who has taken Cleveland public transportation (both bus and rapid) for an average of an hour/day for five months, I have found the system to be quite reliable and consistent.  I'll admit that it pales in comparison to NYC, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., but Cleveland is a different kind of entity than those cities and as such its public transportation system suits it well.   

FenwaySteve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 02:52:13 AM »
I went to Case for my undergrad, have a few friends at the law school now. That part of Cleveland is actually quite enjoyable and beautiful. THe alst few years have seen heavy construction at Case (all for the better). The undergrad quad is wide open with a real collegiate atmosphere. Coventry, top of the hill on Cedar Rd. in Cleveland Heights, West 6th Downtown are all great going out spots.

The Law School building itself is a bit secluded from the other parts of the school but mainly because of the ridiculously cool Management Building from Frank Gehry in front of it (It is a stunning place).

I'm now a Masters in Intl Relations student at NYU and sort of miss Cleveland, but I didn't apply to Case Law. I have a IL friend, a few 3L friends and one also admitted for this coming fall if you wish to talk to anyone about it further. Myself included as well.

Cheers and congrats, you'll love it there.
165/3.34 (3.68 after first year's 2.7)

GW it is!

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 03:43:52 AM »
i want to go too. :D

have not heard back as of yet.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

AmericanConsumer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 11:08:20 PM »
No one should ride the bus from tower city to University Circle.

That's what the Rapid is for.

The rapid doesn't run after midnight.  We took it out there, saw a movie, and had to go back via bus.