Law School Discussion

Am I completely screwed? UPDATES

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: There is a possibility that I am not screwed afterall...
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 04:02:33 PM »
Ok, I renamed the thread because I have an update (hopefully this is a good sign).

First off, my LORs came in today, BOTH OF THEM!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I swear, it was almost like getting an acceptance letter.

I got an email from BU today (my insane reach) asking a question about my application.  Hopefully, that means they started reviewing it (as Jason mentioned it) even though it is not complete.

Basically, I was really streaaed out b/c there were people applying from my school w/ better scores who slacked off all semester and didn't get around to sending their apps in until New Years and I hate that I busted my butt all fall nad would be reviewed after them.

Since my apps should finally go complete as soon as the schools request info. and given that email for BU, is there hope?

jeb240

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 04:53:04 AM »
A few things:

1.  I noticed the thread title change and I was like, "Wait... was that the title before?  Wait, what was that thread all about?"

2.  People have been known... on occasion (and this is just based on LSN so don't take my word for it), to get into law schools after the New Year.

3.  It's not fair to say that people who just applied slacked off all semester because they may have just not been able to stop working on their apps.  Like Chombi3 who sent off all but her Yale app months ago and JUST sent her Yale app this week.

Anyway, AWESOME and I think you've still got a shot, but that's coming from a pie-in-the-sky hopes kinda guy.

AH

• but you're a hippo!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 07:31:36 AM »
As always, thanks so much Jason.

I figured there would be some confusion about my comment on people who slacked off... I know not all apps going in now are slackers, I was refering specifically to the people I know who partied all semester and then picked New Year's Eve to do ALL their apps, including schools like UVA and Harvard.   :-\  Just wanted to clear things up so no one took it personally. :)

Also, the thread title is returning to avoid any further confusion. :)  Thanks!