Law School Discussion

Consensus on typos?

Consensus on typos?
« on: January 05, 2006, 02:09:07 PM »
In an addendum, I left in a sentence fragment. I was going to go back and finish the sentence, but must have forgotten. It's not a normal spelling typo or grammatical mistake, but rather an incomplete sentence.

I was upset to see it, because I am definitely NOT a lock in for this school.

I realize most typos don't mean much, but this is just an incomplete sentence, although only by a few words.

Should I submit a new one?? I've read that sometimes resubmitting just calls attention to it.

What's the consensus on the board?

UseYourHead

Re: Consensus on typos?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:15:55 PM »
What was the sentence?

redemption

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »
In an addendum, I left in a sentence fragment. I was going to go back and finish the sentence, but must have forgotten. It's not a normal spelling typo or grammatical mistake, but rather an incomplete sentence.

I was upset to see it, because I am definitely NOT a lock in for this school.

I realize most typos don't mean much, but this is just an incomplete sentence, although only by a few words.

Should I submit a new one?? I've read that sometimes resubmitting just calls attention to it.

What's the consensus on the board?

Not sure that it's true that most typos don't mean much.... You should re-submit - I don't buy that they wouldn't notice a half-sentence. I would.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »
Here is the paraphrased sentence.

"...I became the first [position] for [club name], which included [tasks for that position]. However, all officers were responsible for* During my time on the [club name], [accomplishments we achieved]."

*indicates where I just had a brain fart and didn't finish the sentence.
There was no content that affected the rest of the essay.

redemption

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 02:59:52 PM »
Here's the thing. It depends on how long ago you sent the application off to the schools and where your numbers are in relation to those schools' index values.

If you sent it off relatively recently and you are competitive but not an autoadmit, send a corrected statement to them: more than one person will read you file in that scenario and you'll want to limit the damage to just the first person who reads it. The chances that all for will ignore the half-sentence is, I think, slim. If it was a long time ago or if you are an autoadmit, don't sweat it.