Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 89269 times)

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1300 on: August 28, 2006, 08:29:05 PM »
alternatively, you could skip class and just take notes on your laptop with the recording in the background. 

I am *such* a good student

Apparently prof Donahue does not allow laptops in his Property class...so much for taking all my notes on my computer...it's kind of annoying but I guess it's cool that he will be posting recordings of each class. I think I'm just going to end up typing up my handwritten notes after class. It'll be extra work but hopefully it'll make studying easier since my handwriting is terrible and after a while I can't read some of it or remember what I was trying to say...I guess I should probably work on that lol.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 28, 2006, 09:55:12 PM »
Apparently prof Donahue does not allow laptops in his Property class...so much for taking all my notes on my computer...it's kind of annoying but I guess it's cool that he will be posting recordings of each class. I think I'm just going to end up typing up my handwritten notes after class. It'll be extra work but hopefully it'll make studying easier since my handwriting is terrible and after a while I can't read some of it or remember what I was trying to say...I guess I should probably work on that lol.

Same for Proff Mann (Section 4 and 6 - Property) re: no laptops
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 29, 2006, 01:43:53 AM »

Same for Proff Mann (Section 4 and 6 - Property) re: no laptops

Where did you hear that from?

Yeah, I hope that's not the case...source?
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

kiyakoiya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 29, 2006, 11:40:12 AM »
shoot.  i just found it:

Property/Section 4 & Section 6 (Mann)

The casebook for the course is Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander & Schill, Property (6th ed., Aspen, 2006).  For the first class on Tuesday, September 5, please read Pierson v. Post, pp. 17-21.

You may not use laptop computers in class.

From this source: http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/registrar/2006-07/announce.htm

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 29, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »
shoot.  i just found it:

Property/Section 4 & Section 6 (Mann)

The casebook for the course is Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander & Schill, Property (6th ed., Aspen, 2006).  For the first class on Tuesday, September 5, please read Pierson v. Post, pp. 17-21.

You may not use laptop computers in class.

From this source: http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/registrar/2006-07/announce.htm

I'm confused with all these websites with all kinds of different instructions.  I afraid I'm going to miss a key website and miss an assignment.  They need to get their stuff together: put all course announcements on one page and let that be it!

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 29, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
This is true.  I was completely unaware of that site for sure.

The good news is that, if they know what they're doing, we'll be undumbified by the end of orientation.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 29, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »
This is true.  I was completely unaware of that site for sure.

The good news is that, if they know what they're doing, we'll be undumbified by the end of orientation.

As long as that gives us enough time to do our reading and be on top of everything.

hyacinthsarise

• hello.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 29, 2006, 05:30:33 PM »
http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/registrar/2006-07/announce.htm

thanks for the helpful link!  seriously are we supposed to be so giddy about getting into hls that the whole leaving us with basically no clue about anything until the last minute deal is supposed to be acceptable?  if it weren't for lsd i feel like i wouldn't know anything about my classes, certainly wouldn't know about the first day reading assignments from this page...  so much for not being like the paper chase
<3 HLS '09

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 29, 2006, 08:23:21 PM »
http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/registrar/2006-07/announce.htm

thanks for the helpful link!  seriously are we supposed to be so giddy about getting into hls that the whole leaving us with basically no clue about anything until the last minute deal is supposed to be acceptable?  if it weren't for lsd i feel like i wouldn't know anything about my classes, certainly wouldn't know about the first day reading assignments from this page...  so much for not being like the paper chase

I suspect most will find out about these details at orientation. Perhaps that's the intent...
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

Zee09

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 29, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »
The no-laptop policy for Donahue's Property class (section 1) is in the "annoucements" section of the course website. I don't think I can post the link because I'm pretty sure it requires logging in to see the site.

I agree there are so many sites with info out there...thanks for posting the site with the list of course annoucements. Apparently there is work for the Legal Research and Writing class that I was not aware of until now. I hope they end up putting all the necessary info on each of the course sites cause right now the info seems to be scattered on different web sites.