Law School Discussion

HLS

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1290 on: August 27, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
so should i bring all, part, or none of that massive admit binder to HLS?

You should carry it with you at all times.  I think it is a good idea to keep on your desk during your classes too, right next to your laptop and casebook.

The most important thing is to have it visible whenever you're off campus.  And of course to use the red bag any time you leave the house/dorm.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 27, 2006, 01:35:02 PM »
Use the red bag at all times.

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 27, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »

I think you can't make law review if you don't wear at least three pieces of Harvard branded clothing every day and manage to bring up the fact that you go to Harvard Law School whenever possible, especially around other HLS students.  Did I mention I go to Harvard Law School?

I wore the shirt every day to the pool while on vacation in Puerto Rico.  Then I wore the hoodie and took the red bag as carry-on when I flew back to NY this morning.  I'll drive up to Cambridge in a car with an HLS bumper sticker on Tuesday.  Does that get me on law review?

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 27, 2006, 04:05:07 PM »

I think you can't make law review if you don't wear at least three pieces of Harvard branded clothing every day and manage to bring up the fact that you go to Harvard Law School whenever possible, especially around other HLS students.  Did I mention I go to Harvard Law School?

I wore the shirt every day to the pool while on vacation in Puerto Rico.  Then I wore the hoodie and took the red bag as carry-on when I flew back to NY this morning.  I'll drive up to Cambridge in a car with an HLS bumper sticker on Tuesday.  Does that get me on law review?

Sadly, outside of the freebies, I also have a sweatshirt, two t-shirts, and a sticker.  To be fair, I also have about the same from my TTT ugrad.

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 27, 2006, 07:08:19 PM »

Sadly, outside of the freebies, I also have a sweatshirt, two t-shirts, and a sticker.  To be fair, I also have about the same from my TTT ugrad.

Well, I was joking -- though I do have a t-shirt and hoodie.  I don't wear either much, but it's cool to own.  I'd probably have a sticker too if I had a car.

« Reply #1295 on: August 27, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
Hey Section 1 Folks,

so I was feeling happy that we hadn't received any assignments yet..........well, we just haven't been notified yet.  If you go the Minow's, Frug's, and Donahue's sites, they all have reading to be done before the first day of classes.  Minow's texts will be ready in some distribution center on campus tomorrow.  To look them up, go to the website and find where they have the listing of all the classes, there should be somewhere for you to go to course websites......log in and look for the classes.  The reading doesn't seem to bad, but who knows.

alexdn

• View Profile
    • LSN:
« Reply #1296 on: August 27, 2006, 10:56:42 PM »

My mom took mine and uses it, to give her an excuse to brag...

« Reply #1297 on: August 28, 2006, 08:01:15 AM »
Section 3 people: the only reading we have at the moment is the materials in the packet Singer sent us and the pages Weinreb assigned, right?  I've been looking at course sites and the like and haven't found anything else, but I want to make sure I didn't miss something.

Zee09

« Reply #1298 on: August 28, 2006, 09:13:52 AM »
Hey Section 1 Folks,

so I was feeling happy that we hadn't received any assignments yet..........well, we just haven't been notified yet.  If you go the Minow's, Frug's, and Donahue's sites, they all have reading to be done before the first day of classes.  Minow's texts will be ready in some distribution center on campus tomorrow.  To look them up, go to the website and find where they have the listing of all the classes, there should be somewhere for you to go to course websites......log in and look for the classes.  The reading doesn't seem to bad, but who knows.

Hey, thanks for posting this. I just looked at Prof. Minow's Civ Pro website and saw the stuff about our assignments for that class. I wonder why they didn't tell us in the letter like the other section leaders did. Anyway, so much for not having any assignments for the first class meetings!

Zee09

« Reply #1299 on: August 28, 2006, 09:40:33 AM »
Apparently prof Donahue does not allow laptops in his Property class...so much for taking all my notes on my computer...it's kind of annoying but I guess it's cool that he will be posting recordings of each class. I think I'm just going to end up typing up my handwritten notes after class. It'll be extra work but hopefully it'll make studying easier since my handwriting is terrible and after a while I can't read some of it or remember what I was trying to say...I guess I should probably work on that lol.