Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 88659 times)

Zee09

• View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1280 on: August 25, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »
So some people have mentioned assignments for the first sessions of particular courses...where did you get that info. I'm in Section 1 (Minow) and as far as I know we don't have any assignments but maybe it's just cause I haven't looked in the right places...anyone have any more info on this? I checked on myplan and the registrar's site and didn't see any info on this. Should I be looking somewhere else? Thanks for your help guys.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 25, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »
So some people have mentioned assignments for the first sessions of particular courses...where did you get that info. I'm in Section 1 (Minow) and as far as I know we don't have any assignments but maybe it's just cause I haven't looked in the right places...anyone have any more info on this? I checked on myplan and the registrar's site and didn't see any info on this. Should I be looking somewhere else? Thanks for your help guys.

It was in the letter for section 2.  If you didn't get it in the letter, you probably don't have an assignment/

aac2022

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1282 on: August 25, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »
Pretty sure Section 1 has no reading.
Accepted: GULC, Harvard, Michigan, NYU, Penn, Chicago, Columbia
Denied: Stanford
Waitlisted: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aac2022

dw05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 25, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »
kiyakoiya, unless I missed it, it never said anywhere that the Section 4 reading is from Problems in Contract Law, but that's what I assumed.

The first chapter of the assigned reading is called "An Introduction to the Study of Contract Law" and the second chapter is called "Enforcing Promises: Bases of Legal Obligation".  Maybe you could check those titles with what's in the casebook.   

The relevant pages were included w/ the section letter in xeroxed form (without any markings to indicate what book they were taken from, as far as I could tell).  I'd also guess that they're from the case book, but I'm not 100 % sure.
I'm going to Harvard!

kiyakoiya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 25, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »
yep, they're from the casebook, just in case any other section 4ers were wondering besides me... thanks, guys.   

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 25, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
We (Section 6) got our first assignment for Civ Pro today via email. At least I did. Something about reading 20+ pages, buying the required casebooks, supplement and additional reading, and completing some card Prof. Rubenstein left in our Hark mailbox by 5 PM September 1st.

Oh yes, we also have to download material from the course website.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

Zee09

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 25, 2006, 09:22:47 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys :) Anyone else here in Section 1?

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 26, 2006, 11:18:04 PM »
so should i bring all, part, or none of that massive admit binder to HLS?
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 26, 2006, 11:26:43 PM »

Mine's in the garbage.  I saved the letter.

pandabones

« Reply #1289 on: August 27, 2006, 12:48:43 AM »

You should carry it with you at all times.  I think it is a good idea to keep on your desk during your classes too, right next to your laptop and casebook.