Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 88175 times)

Todd B.

• View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1270 on: August 21, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »
I posted this once, but thought I'd ask again.

Is there anyone interested in sharing the cost of a Uhaul to visit IKEA? We could help each other transport stuff. I'm thinking late this week or early next week.

Thanks!

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 21, 2006, 04:04:53 PM »
I posted this once, but thought I'd ask again.

Is there anyone interested in sharing the cost of a Uhaul to visit IKEA? We could help each other transport stuff. I'm thinking late this week or early next week.

Thanks!

I've already been (a few times--I have a car), but you might consider Zipcar as a cheaper option, if you don't need a big old truck.  Just a though.

FranciscoCabrera

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 22, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »
"Message (apparently from a TA?) about Weinreb's crim class:

"The class will meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, from 8:50 to 10:15 in Pound 107.

For the first class, on Tuesday, September 5, please read Chavez (p. 1), Singleton (p. 7), and pp. 9-21 in Weinreb, Criminal Law (7th ed.)"

What exactly are Chavez and Singleton? Supplemental readings from somewhere?

Infinity

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 22, 2006, 09:45:27 AM »
"Message (apparently from a TA?) about Weinreb's crim class:

"The class will meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, from 8:50 to 10:15 in Pound 107.

For the first class, on Tuesday, September 5, please read Chavez (p. 1), Singleton (p. 7), and pp. 9-21 in Weinreb, Criminal Law (7th ed.)"

What exactly are Chavez and Singleton? Supplemental readings from somewhere?

I'm guessing they're cases at the start of the book (so basically read pages 1-21 is how i understand it)

kiyakoiya

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 23, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
So, all my mail for the last month or so is lost somewhere in the postal system, so I never received my section letter.  Could someone in section 4 tell me anything useful that was in the letter (specifically the reading assignment)?  Thanks!

The assignment is pages 1-15 & 25-40 for the first class (Thurs.) and pages 40-59 for Fri.  Thanks for digging up those old exams! 

dw, which book is that assignment for? "Problems in Contracts Law?" i'm in the same boat. thanks!

yellowbug

• View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: August 23, 2006, 03:15:13 PM »
kiyakoiya, unless I missed it, it never said anywhere that the Section 4 reading is from Problems in Contract Law, but that's what I assumed.

The first chapter of the assigned reading is called "An Introduction to the Study of Contract Law" and the second chapter is called "Enforcing Promises: Bases of Legal Obligation".  Maybe you could check those titles with what's in the casebook.   

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 23, 2006, 05:51:06 PM »
Section 2 people, is it right that as of now, we only have that handout/questions from the section mailing to read?
HLS '09

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 23, 2006, 06:24:01 PM »
Section 2 people, is it right that as of now, we only have that handout/questions from the section mailing to read?

As far as I know, this is correct.

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2006, 09:23:34 PM »
sweet. Hopefully we luck out and don't have any reading assigned for our first classes.
HLS '09

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2006, 09:27:55 PM »
sweet. Hopefully we luck out and don't have any reading assigned for our first classes.

or EVER!