SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1260 on: August 19, 2006, 10:30:02 PM »
Mystery prof exams!

For Section 4 & 6 - Property - Mann from Penn:
http://rapidshare.de/files/30047057/Property_-_Mann.zip.html  (Warning: It is over 5 MB!  Some big PDFs w/ model answers.) 

For Section 4 - Civ Pro - Cleveland from Texas:
http://rapidshare.de/files/30047168/CivPro_-_Cleveland.zip.html (This one is very tiny.  Only 3 exams, all from before 2000.  We will need a UT student I think to get any of the more recent Cleveland exams.)

Thanks panda! Great find.

Now all I need is a set for William Rubenstein (visiting from UCLA) and I'll be good to go.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 20, 2006, 02:09:50 AM »
Bravo Panda, bravo!!!
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 20, 2006, 04:14:47 AM »
Section Vers are so quiet .. where is everyone, really? why is section 2 overrun with ppl who are "online"?
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

Buzz619

• I am probably the youngest one in the Revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 20, 2006, 06:57:16 AM »
Section Vers are so quiet .. where is everyone, really? why is section 2 overrun with ppl who are "online"?

Isn't it obvious? We're Anti-social. We're the quiet kid in the back. They forget about us. But we know. Oh we know.

Todd B.

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 20, 2006, 08:23:50 PM »
We're just trying to conceal our glee at the greatness of our section without offending the rest of you folk.

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 21, 2006, 12:13:45 PM »
Message (apparently from a TA?) about Weinreb's crim class:

"The class will meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, from 8:50 to 10:15 in Pound 107.

For the first class, on Tuesday, September 5, please read Chavez (p. 1), Singleton (p. 7), and pp. 9-21 in Weinreb, Criminal Law (7th ed.)

The use of a laptop in class is not permitted."

No laptops? LAME!!
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

JBBroadShot

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 21, 2006, 12:47:40 PM »
Just got the Weinreb email.  I was all excited about him after reading the BSA student reviews, but no laptop?  Instant expectation and excitement downgrade in my book.  Anyone heard what his reason is for this?  Oh well, I'm strange and was looking more forward to Civ Pro and Torts anyway. 
UCLA '05 - Philosophy
HLS '09

hyacinthsarise

• hello.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 21, 2006, 02:14:49 PM »
Just got the Weinreb email.  I was all excited about him after reading the BSA student reviews, but no laptop?  Instant expectation and excitement downgrade in my book.  Anyone heard what his reason is for this?  Oh well, I'm strange and was looking more forward to Civ Pro and Torts anyway. 

I think the general idea is that not having a laptop forces you to actually think and synthesize what you're writing down as opposed to just mindlessly taking a transcript of the entire class (although i'm sure plenty of profs are in favor of stopping us from checking our email and iming throughout class as well).  From what I hear, it seems really awful but in practice most students don't really mind or even prefer it.
<3 HLS '09

pandabones

« Reply #1268 on: August 21, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »
Maybe it has changed in the two years since I left ugrad, but I had no problem taking notes by hand for four years worth of classes.  That said, I can see the utility of using a laptop (to look things up or working on your outline), but it isn't a neccesity and from what I can tell it can also be a huge distraction (AIM, email, xoxo, whatnot).  I think the compromise is to just turn off the internet during class times, which apparently was debated last year at HLS.

dw05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 21, 2006, 03:43:18 PM »
So, all my mail for the last month or so is lost somewhere in the postal system, so I never received my section letter.  Could someone in section 4 tell me anything useful that was in the letter (specifically the reading assignment)?  Thanks!

The assignment is pages 1-15 & 25-40 for the first class (Thurs.) and pages 40-59 for Fri.  Thanks for digging up those old exams! 
I'm going to Harvard!