;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 88188 times)

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1220 on: August 15, 2006, 04:01:44 PM »
that's cool -- myplan IS working.  I'm in section 2.

Buzz619

• I am probably the youngest one in the Revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 15, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »

*tear*

I was hoping to enjoy your hair part in section V.  ;-)

Anyone else think there should be huge section rivalries with like a giant game of tug of war and other stupid stuff like that?

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 15, 2006, 04:16:30 PM »

Uber-uberprestigious.  Welcome.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 15, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »

*tear*

I was hoping to enjoy your hair part in section V.  ;-)

Anyone else think there should be huge section rivalries with like a giant game of tug of war and other stupid stuff like that?

Would've enjoyed the profs for sure.

Yea.  I spell pre2tigious with a 2.

CosmoRondo

• WWPMD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 15, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »

Yea.  I spell pre2tigious with a 2.

Finally, I'm part of something special... (I'll start honing my tug-of-war skills right away.)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 15, 2006, 04:37:08 PM »
Just got a text message from Dean Kagan.  Section 13.

well played.   :D
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 15, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »
Mann can't be that bad: http://www.upenn.edu/almanac/v42/n31/mann.html

and Cleveland sounds pretty impressive: http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/profile.php?id=shc0583

We're screwed in Sectin 4.  Mann is not on any of the course evaluations or old exams, Cleveland is a visiting prof from Texas, and Shugerman (Torts, Spring) is a new prof with no evaltuions or old exams available either.  Boo.

Yeah, I hope that award means Mann is a top-notch teacher.  Cleveland does indeed sound impressive, though none of that speaks to her performance in the classroom.  I'm happy with the profs, I just wish I had more info on Mann and Cleveland in terms of old exams and preferences.

I'm in Section 4 too.  I agree that not having the old exams is bad, but lets hope they are not the type of profs that deviate from the norm in terms of examinations.  If that is the case, any standard exam should be ok.

If we really want the exams, we would need a UT student to get into the online database for Cleveland.  I couldn't find info about old exams at Penn.

By the way, Mann is married to Warren, apparently.

Yeah, I'm sure both profs are pretty typical socratic-apply-the-rule kind of profs.  I'm not too worried about them.  But it would be nice to get old exams.  I'm sure Penn has some Mann exams on file somewhere.

I saw that Mann is married to Warren. Interesante.

Catch you in Contracts too.

Cleveland taught CivPro at Columbia last fall.  The GF will check if her exam is available later today.  I'll also try to get her to ask some 2Ls (if she ever meets them) what they thought about her (or we could ask on XO since everyone there goes to either CLS or HLS it seems).

Sweet deal.  Yeah, if you could find anything out, that'd be a great help.  If she's teaching at CLS and HLS, perhaps it means she's an alright prof!  lol.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 15, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »
myplan tells me that i'm in section 1, but i didn't get any mail from minow. guess that means i don't have to do the preassigned reading. oh well!
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 15, 2006, 05:41:36 PM »
myplan tells me that i'm in section 1, but i didn't get any mail from minow. guess that means i don't have to do the preassigned reading. oh well!

There was no preassigned reading from Minow.  The letter just notes section meeting times for orientation.

theta fairy

• AOL Instant Messenger - muahthetafairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 15, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »
I'm in section 1. i was able to login to myplan today, but I hadn't tried before. Fun stuff. Am I the only one that wasn't impatiently waiting for our schedules? I could certainly use another month of vacation. But, I'm glad my section seems to have no assigned reading. I have about a million things to buy when I got to Boston and I'm not getting there till the 30th. I'm turning 21 on August 29th, so I think we should all celebrate a few days later in the midst of our orientation social events.
HAAVAAD