;

Author Topic: HLS  (Read 89152 times)

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
Re: HLS
« Reply #1120 on: August 03, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
Okay, I really want to know my section assignment and class schedule now.   ;D :D ;D

When will they tell us?

Not for a while.  I think it's quite last minute, like a week or so before orientation.  I could be (and probably am) wrong, though.

3 more weeks agonizing :(
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 08, 2006, 06:12:03 AM »
anybody have an idea on cingular reception at the law school? (sorry if this has been done before, i know certain carriers were asked about at some point).. i googled a bit and there were some articles about how poor cingular reception is at harvard (including articles as recent as october 2005).. i would really like to go with cingular for personal reasons but if it's going to be very bad it would be good to know. .. any thoughts?
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

Momo09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 09, 2006, 10:41:07 PM »
If anyone is wondering what it's like to drive in Cambridge/Boston - it SUCKS! until you learn your way around, it's terrible and scary. The intersections are mazes, the streets aren't labeled clearly if at all, they wind and turn and you often can't drive back the same way you came (See if you can get back on Mass Ave going towards campus from Somerville Ave in Porter Square). I got a rental just so I could move in and get stuff/furniture...and it has made me SO HAPPY that I didn't bring my car. I drive like a beast in Los Angeles and Atlanta - cities that are way bigger and have brutal traffic - but Cambridge pretty much pwned me today.

just wait till it snows.  ;D
Bruin once again.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 09, 2006, 10:55:29 PM »
Yea, me and the fiancee have been getting used to it...

mandu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1124 on: August 10, 2006, 07:30:39 AM »
do off-campus students get HLS mailboxes too, or are those only for students living in the dorms?
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=mandu

"We are all giants, raised by pygmies, to walk with a perpetual mental crouch" -Robert Anton Wilson

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 10, 2006, 10:17:02 AM »
If anyone is wondering what it's like to drive in Cambridge/Boston - it SUCKS! until you learn your way around, it's terrible and scary. The intersections are mazes, the streets aren't labeled clearly if at all, they wind and turn and you often can't drive back the same way you came (See if you can get back on Mass Ave going towards campus from Somerville Ave in Porter Square). I got a rental just so I could move in and get stuff/furniture...and it has made me SO HAPPY that I didn't bring my car. I drive like a beast in Los Angeles and Atlanta - cities that are way bigger and have brutal traffic - but Cambridge pretty much pwned me today.

Hahah, yeah.  Have you been on Storrow Drive yet?  Because if you haven't, avoid it at all costs.  It once took me two hours to find a place that was five miles away because of that damned road.  I should have walked.

do off-campus students get HLS mailboxes too, or are those only for students living in the dorms?

I have a vague idea that us off campus folks will be getting HLS mailboxes, but that's just something I think I heard on the tour, and is very possibly wrong.

BTW, how many of us are in the neighborhood already?

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 10, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »
I have a vague idea that us off campus folks will be getting HLS mailboxes, but that's just something I think I heard on the tour, and is very possibly wrong.

it's my understanding that the only postal mail boxes are through the dorms.  everyone has Harkboxes, but those are just in-school use. 

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 11, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »
For those interested, a very basic, vague account of the Orientation schedule has been posted here

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 11, 2006, 05:38:35 PM »
So my mother called to tell me that I had gotten a letter today.  I told her to open it.  I'm in section 2 with Meltzer.  Anyone else hear yet?

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 11, 2006, 05:52:44 PM »
Man, I just moved, so finding out that stuff is going to be annoying.

Did the letter have any other information?